English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker

In summary, the individual is seeking help in finding spare parts or an equivalent circuit breaker for English electric circuit breakers (OBX3) that were installed in the late 60s for heavy industries, specifically for the steel coil industries. They are willing to purchase new or second-hand parts as long as they are guaranteed to be working within their specifications.
inspatm
Hi there..

I'm righting this thread hoping that anybody can help regarding a specific issue.

I'm looking for English electric circuit breakers (OBX3) that whore installed in the late 60's in circuits for heavy Industries, more specifically for the steel coil industries.

I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find any spare parts regarding this specific equipment or if anybody can help me on finding an equivalent circuit breaker for the matter.

I'm willing to buy numerous parts regardless of being new or in second hand, I only need the guarantee that it is working within its specifications.

Please see the pictures below of the English Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker and its specifications!

Cheers

Hélio Jonathan Jesus

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/4885/arcchamber3ux.th.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/3176/obx3front4aj.th.jpg

http://img50.imageshack.us/img50/6808/bottomview3gx.th.jpg

http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/7745/specs2ck.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
</code>Hi there,I'm writing this thread hoping that somebody can help me regarding a specific issue. I'm looking for English electric circuit breakers (OBX3) that were installed in the late 60s in circuits for heavy industries, more specifically for the steel coil industries. I would like to know if anyone knows where I can find any spare parts for this specific equipment or if anybody can help me find an equivalent circuit breaker. I'm willing to buy numerous parts regardless of whether they are new or second-hand, as long as they are guaranteed to be working within their specifications.Please see the pictures below of the English Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker and its specifications!Cheers,Hélio Jonathan Jesus

Hello Hélio Jonathan Jesus,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your search for English Electric OBX3 circuit breakers. I understand that these breakers were installed in the late 60's in circuits for heavy industries, specifically in the steel coil industries.

Unfortunately, it may be difficult to find spare parts for this specific equipment as it is quite old and may no longer be manufactured. However, I recommend reaching out to English Electric or any authorized distributors for this brand to see if they have any remaining stock or can provide you with an equivalent circuit breaker that meets your specifications.

Additionally, you may also want to consider upgrading to newer and more modern circuit breakers that are readily available in the market. This will ensure that your equipment is up to date and meets current safety standards.

I hope this information helps. Best of luck in your search for the necessary parts.

[Your Title/Expertise]

1. What is an English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker?

An English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker is a type of electrical switching device that is used to protect an electrical circuit from damage caused by excessive current flow. It is manufactured by English Electric, a company that specializes in producing electrical equipment.

2. How does an English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker work?

An English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker works by automatically cutting off the flow of electricity to a circuit when it detects an overload or short circuit. This helps to prevent damage to the circuit and any connected devices.

3. What are the key features of an English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker?

The key features of an English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker include its ability to interrupt high levels of current, its adjustable trip settings, and its compact and durable design. It also has a built-in mechanism for manual operation in case of emergencies.

4. How is an English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker different from other circuit breakers?

One major difference between an English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker and other circuit breakers is its adjustable trip settings. This allows for more precise protection of specific circuits. It also has a unique design that makes it more compact and durable compared to other circuit breakers.

5. What are some common applications of an English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker?

An English's Electric OBX3 Circuit Breaker can be used in a variety of applications, including residential, commercial, and industrial settings. It is commonly used to protect circuits in buildings, power distribution systems, and machinery. It is also commonly used in renewable energy systems such as solar and wind power.