Drawing Digital Word: Guide to OOK, PSK, ASK & FSK

In summary, to draw the signal waveform for this digital word, using these codes: -OOK(ON-OFF Keying), -PSK(phase shift keying), -ASK (amplitude shift keying), -FSK(frequency shift keying), you first need to create a carrier. OOK will turn the carrier on and off, ASK changes the amplitude, FSK is not much more complicated, and PSK just uses +/- 45 degrees or so to avoid confusing it with the other modulation schemes.
electronic engineer
How to draw signal waveform for this digital word {11001011} ,using these codes:

-OOK(ON-OFF Keying)
-PSK(phase shift keying)
-ASK (amplitude shift keying)
-FSK(frequency shift keying)

I need the guide to go through this problem or at least a useful link.

Physics news on Phys.org
Well, draw the carrier first, and then change (modulate) the carrier according to the encoding scheme. Like, OOK will turn the carrier on and off, right? And ASK changes the amplitude, right (hence the name). FSK is not much more complicated, and for PSK just use +/- 45 degrees or so to avoid confusing it with the other modulation schemes.

could i use 0/180 degress as BPSK suggests, so that "1" represented by 0 degree and "1" represented by 180 degress

Yes, but 180 degree BPSK has very high harmonic content. Look at the sharp edges when you turn around the waveform at the zero crossing. Yikes. Have you started to learn about bandwidth tradeoffs and information throughput yet for the various modulation schemes?

<<Have you started to learn about bandwidth tradeoffs and information throughput yet for the various modulation schemes>>

No, whar are you aiming to?

I asked because as you get farther into learning about communication systems and channel characteristics, you will see that there are tradeoffs and optimizations with the various modulation schemes and various kinds of communication channels. You will learn why QPSK may be better than BPSK in some situations, and you will learn that 180 degree BPSK has a very broad power spectral density, which can be bad for several reasons. In general, the minimum phase shift that you can use is the best, as long as you get above the noise.

Communication theory is a pretty interesting field. It involves a lot of different kinds of math (probability, calculus, random variables, etc.), and has very practical implications. Code Division Multiplexing still amazes me, for example.

One of my old textbooks is "Introduction to Communication Systems" by Stremler. Check it out in the library when you get a chance, and I think you'll see what I mean.

What is drawing digital world?

Drawing digital world is a guide that explains the different digital modulation techniques used in communication systems - OOK, PSK, ASK, and FSK. It provides a detailed understanding of these techniques and how they are applied in various communication systems.

What is OOK?

OOK, or On-Off Keying, is a digital modulation technique where the carrier signal is switched between two states - "on" and "off". This technique is commonly used in wireless communication systems such as Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.

What is PSK?

PSK, or Phase Shift Keying, is a digital modulation technique where the phase of the carrier signal is varied to represent digital data. It is widely used in communication systems that require high data rates, such as satellite communication and digital television broadcasting.

What is ASK?

ASK, or Amplitude Shift Keying, is a digital modulation technique where the amplitude of the carrier signal is varied to encode digital data. It is commonly used in communication systems that require low power consumption, such as RFID tags and remote controls.

What is FSK?

FSK, or Frequency Shift Keying, is a digital modulation technique where the frequency of the carrier signal is changed to represent digital data. It is commonly used in communication systems that require high noise immunity, such as cordless phones and wireless sensors.