Discover the Mystery of Christine's Missing Blog: A Tale of Dantas and Marcus

• Thread starter Kea
  • Start date
In summary, Christine's blog is no longer active due to her not wanting to be involved in the polemics surrounding it. She also mentions being interviewed for an article in a Brazilian journal, but that the published version included a part that was not in the original draft she sent. She also mentions that she may start a new blog in the future, but for now she needs to focus on real life responsibilities.
Thank you, Christine! I appreciate the way you handled that, and now I can continue chasing down all those papers.

Best regards
Skip

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi ccdantas;

I too will miss your blog in the short time that I was aware of its' existence.

Please consider background independence in the context of a possible mathematical game of energy economics.

Such game theory may not be that different from the mathematics that you have been employing.

I guess I don't have any dogs in the fight, so string fights don't really bother me. What I'm trying to figure out is why the participants get so worked up about it. Sure there are some not very polite people out there, but they're hardly an advertisement for their point of view.

The truth will eventually be recognized by most. One of the moral responsibilites of a scientist is to seek the truth, and to show that truth to others. But if others don't see things the same way, there is no responsibility to piss them off.

I've been working on things that the vast majority of physicists would consider insane for several years. I explain my point of view; it is ignored; I am not bothered by this. The way I see it, being ignored is an opportunity to get work done without excessive competition.

If the academic fighting is about money (and survival as an academic) rather than truth, then I see why people can get worked up.

In many years of working as an engineer, one of the small pieces of advice I share with the kids starting out is to never think about money or how the company is doing (or whatever) when you are supposed to be designing something. Let your mind instead think about the beauty of what it is that you are responsible for.

Maybe your stock options will make you wealthy, maybe not. Maybe the sales people will sell the product, maybe not. Maybe management will close the factory, maybe not. All these things are things you cannot change and worrying about them will not help you. Worry only about the things you can fix. But if your paycheck bounces, run.