Peticure Elite - nail trimmer for pets

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
In summary: So much for the rotary tool!In summary, the peticure elite and peticure safe guard use patent pending technology to provide safe, efficient, and effective tools for pet professionals.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Introducing the peticure elite and the peticure safe guard
The use of the rotary tool for pet nail filing has evolved with patent pending peticure safe guard. peticure provides today's pet professionals with what they are looking for — safe, efficient, and effective tools to perform at their best. peticure is the next level in nail care. The innovations of the peticure safe guard take all of the positive features of "rotary tool filing" and eliminate all of the negatives.

Here's why . . .
http://www.peticure.com/professional.html

These look pretty cool to me. We had two dogs that were incredibly sensitive to nail clipping, which was a real pain for us and painful for the dogs. But I wonder if some animals wouldn't still react to the noise. And I wonder how much nail can be removed at one time. Does maintenance require either weekly trimmings or extended grinding times?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Ivan Seeking said:
http://www.peticure.com/professional.html

These look pretty cool to me. We had two dogs that were incredibly sensitive to nail clipping, which was a real pain for us and painful for the dogs. But I wonder if some animals wouldn't still react to the noise. And I wonder how much nail can be removed at one time. Does maintenance require either weekly trimmings or extended grinding times?

My secretary bought this (or something similar), and the dogs would have none of it. It wasn't the noise, it was the vibration. She tried it on herself and she couldn't stand it either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Try filing your nails with a Dremel tool, and you'll get some perspective on this. The noise would likely freak out most animals. We have a hard enough time with the noise of electric clippers to shave wool on sheep...they always startle when the clippers are first turned on. And, with a grinder type attachment, you not only have noise and vibration, but heat from the friction...OUCH! I clip my cat's nails about every other week to keep them maintained, and I think a quick clip is much less stressful than taking the time to file them down (and if you grind them down faster, the heat produced would be painful too).

Regular pet nail trimmers work just fine when used correctly. Just clipped my puppies and he didn't squirm one bit.

1. What is the Peticure Elite?

The Peticure Elite is a nail trimmer specifically designed for pets, such as dogs and cats.

2. How does the Peticure Elite work?

The Peticure Elite uses a high-speed rotary tool to gently and safely trim your pet's nails. The tool is equipped with a guard to prevent over-trimming and a LED light for better visibility.

3. Is the Peticure Elite safe to use on all pets?

Yes, the Peticure Elite is safe to use on all pets as long as you follow the instructions and take proper precautions. It is designed to be gentle and effective for all breeds and sizes of pets.

4. Can I use the Peticure Elite on my own pet at home?

Yes, the Peticure Elite is designed for at-home use and is easy for pet owners to operate. However, it is always recommended to have a professional show you how to use it properly before attempting to use it on your own pet.

5. How often should I trim my pet's nails with the Peticure Elite?

The frequency of nail trimming with the Peticure Elite will depend on your pet's individual needs. As a general rule, it is recommended to trim your pet's nails every 4-6 weeks. However, if you notice your pet's nails getting too long or causing discomfort, you may need to trim them more frequently.

Back