Quantum Energy Teleportation and Decoherence

In summary, the conversation is about the possibility of teleporting energy through quantum mechanics. The individual is looking for insight or references on the topic, specifically regarding decoherence and its relation to energy transfer. They also mention a preprint about energy teleportation that can be found on a specific website.
Cyber Bob
I am currently trying to resolve a question in my head that I am sure is covered in basic quantum mechanics but have been unable to find a clear definitive answer. Hope the forum can provide insight or direct me to a reference that would help?

Recently mechanical vibration of entangled atomic ion pairs were demonstrated in a laboratory. Naturally the information as to their states (vibration/oscillation) could be transferred via quantum teleportation (entanglement). But what I wonder is it possible to teleport energy? I understand decoherence/collapse of entangled particles occurs upon observation or measurement but is decoherence directly tied to any energy being conveyed/injected into entangled particles? My basic premise is that if coherence could be maintained while one particle of an entwined ion pair is energized (increase in the rate of vibration) then the other particle would likewise increase and there would be in essence a teleportation of energy.

Physics news on Phys.org
No- there is no violation of causality even, let along energy transfer, as I understand.

Hi! I have found your posting by searching for information about quantum energy teleportation. I know a preprint about the energy teleportation which would be related with your question. The paper can be seen in http://arxiv.org/abs/0911.3430 .

Related to Quantum Energy Teleportation and Decoherence

1. What is Quantum Energy Teleportation?

Quantum Energy Teleportation (QET) is a theoretical process in which the energy state of a quantum system can be transferred from one location to another without physically moving the particles or photons that make up the system.

2. How does QET work?

QET relies on the principles of quantum entanglement, in which two particles or systems can become correlated in such a way that the state of one is dependent on the state of the other. By creating entangled pairs of particles, the energy state of one can be teleported to the other by manipulating the state of the entangled pair.

3. What is the potential application of QET?

If QET could be successfully demonstrated, it could potentially revolutionize energy transfer and storage. It could allow for the efficient transmission of energy over long distances without the need for physical infrastructure, making it a promising technology for renewable energy sources and space exploration.

4. What is decoherence and how does it affect QET?

Decoherence is the loss of quantum coherence, or the ability of a system to maintain a superposition of states. This can occur due to interactions with the environment, which causes the entangled particles in QET to lose their correlation and makes the teleportation process less efficient or even impossible.

5. What are the current challenges in developing QET?

One of the main challenges in developing QET is finding ways to mitigate decoherence and maintain quantum coherence over larger distances and longer periods of time. Another challenge is finding ways to accurately and efficiently manipulate the entangled particles to achieve successful energy teleportation. Additionally, the practical applications of QET are still largely theoretical and require further research and development.