Green inverse problem in Differential equation

In summary, the conversation discusses constructing the Green function for a second order differential equation with given boundary conditions. The question is whether the L(y) operator can be constructed using the Green function. The formula for the inverse Green function is also mentioned, but there is confusion about the functions a0(x), a1(x), and a2(x).
eljose79
Let be L(Y)=a0(x)D^2y+a1(x)Dy+a2(x) with the boundary conditions Y(a)=c and Y(b)=d then we could construct the Green function

L(y)G(x,s)=d(x-s)

then my question is if given the G(x,s) we could construct the L(y) operator considering is a second order differential equation.

Physics news on Phys.org
No se porqué pero me da que tu tambien eres español...

Si si que lo soy,vivo un poco mas al norte que tu (Pais Vasco)..¿que tal? la verdad es que no somos muchos por aqui cierto?..

Hello
Integrate the 2 members of L(y)G(x,s)=d(x-s)
Then use the formula of inverse Green Function and use the theory of distributions

i did not understand you Feynmann..could you be more explicit if G(x,s) is the Kernel i have that

a0(x)D^2G(x,s)+a1(x)DG(x,s)+a2(x)=d(x-s) but i do not know the functions a0(x),a1(x),a2(x) what is the formula of the inverse Green function?...

1. What is the "Green inverse problem" in differential equations?

The Green inverse problem in differential equations is a mathematical problem that involves finding the coefficients of a differential equation from the knowledge of its Green's function. This is a challenging problem as it requires finding a solution to the differential equation that satisfies certain boundary conditions.

2. How is the Green inverse problem related to the Green's function?

The Green's function is a fundamental solution of a differential equation that represents the response of the system to an impulse input. In the Green inverse problem, we use the knowledge of this Green's function to determine the coefficients of the differential equation.

3. What are the applications of the Green inverse problem in differential equations?

The Green inverse problem has applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, and finance. It is used to determine the properties of physical systems, predict the behavior of dynamic systems, and solve inverse problems in financial mathematics.

4. What are the challenges in solving the Green inverse problem?

The Green inverse problem is a highly nonlinear and ill-posed problem, which means that small errors in the input can lead to large errors in the output. Additionally, the problem is computationally intensive and requires specialized numerical techniques for accurate solutions.

5. How can the Green inverse problem be solved?

There are various numerical methods that can be used to solve the Green inverse problem, such as the Tikhonov regularization, the Levenberg-Marquardt method, and the Bayesian inference method. These methods involve finding the best fit solution that minimizes the error between the known Green's function and the one obtained from the differential equation.