View Poll Results: Do men have dirtier minds than women in general?
I'm female and I think men have dirtier minds! 2 3.64%
I'm male and I think men have dirtier minds! 19 34.55%
I'm female and I think women have dirtier minds! 0 0%
I'm male and I think women Have dirtier minds! 7 12.73%
I'm female and I think that depends on the person! 6 10.91%
I'm male and I think that depends on the person! 21 38.18%
Other! 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Register to reply

Do men have dirtier minds than women?

by Lisa!
Tags: dirtier, minds, women
Share this thread:
Lisa!
Mar31-10, 03:14 PM
PF Gold
P: 973
The "area for sexual pursuit" is 2.5 times larger in the male brain than in the female brain.

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...976274,00.html

Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Guidelines for enhancing solar cells using surface plasmon polaritons
Trees and shrubs invading critical grasslands, diminish cattle production
Climate change will threaten fish by drying out Southwest US streams, research predicts
Klockan3
Mar31-10, 03:23 PM
P: 614
Define "dirtier".
Max Faust
Mar31-10, 03:25 PM
P: 101
In my experience - which is considerable - men are definitely more "on the look-out" but women are by far dirtier, as well in imagination as in practice.

Evo
Mar31-10, 03:36 PM
Mentor
P: 26,521

I would say that men think about sex more, but I don't know that they have dirtier minds.
Lisa!
Mar31-10, 03:48 PM
PF Gold
P: 973
Quote Quote by Klockan3 View Post
Define "dirtier".
Here I meant: thinking and talking more about sex
zomgwtf
Mar31-10, 03:57 PM
P: 500
Quote Quote by Lisa! View Post
Does the fact that your name makes me think of people named Lisa I know naked count toward this poll at all?
rewebster
Mar31-10, 04:12 PM
P: 880
Quote Quote by Evo View Post
I would say that men think about sex more, but I don't know that they have dirtier minds.
I'd agree with that with a 'most men' though
Kajahtava
Mar31-10, 04:15 PM
P: 92
I would think women are better liars.
Ivan Seeking
Mar31-10, 04:20 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 12,500
Yes, due mainly to poor ear hygene.
Astronuc
Mar31-10, 04:21 PM
Admin
P: 21,865
I think it depends on the person and the age. Younger people probably think about sex more than older people.

For me, there are many more interesting things to think about with respect to the world, the universe and Nature.

Klockan3
Mar31-10, 04:31 PM
Quote Quote by Lisa! View Post
I think that women talks more about details when it comes to sex than men do, while men usually keeps the details private and but make statements referring to sex a lot.

Do that mean that women or men are the dirtiest?
Evo
Mar31-10, 04:34 PM
Mentor
I think that women talks more about details when it comes to sex than men do, while men usually keeps the details private and but make statements referring to sex a lot.

Do that mean that women or men are the dirtiest?
I am very private and won't talk about sex to friends. I don't know any women that do. I think that women talking about sex in a crowd of other women is a male fantasy. We may get dirty, but we keep that private.
mheslep
Mar31-10, 04:59 PM
PF Gold
P: 3,097
Year or two back public radio carried a This American Life story about a woman who had undergone a sex change operation. As she went through the drug treatment to become he, 'he' gave a hilarious description of his change in mind set as the testosterone kicked in. The person sounded very rationale, and careful about not falling into stereotypes, yet he admitted to a series of what we might call stereotypical male behaviours that had never happened to 'her' prior: constant sexual imagery about women he would encounter in public, and , apropos this forum, a new found fascination with physics.

I think he also related being irritated about the odd accusation of being a misogynist in casual interaction with women.

This is rather unbelievable story so I'll see if I can't google it up.

Yaha: http://www.thisamericanlife.org/radi...0/Testosterone
Act Two. Infinite Gent.
An interview with Griffin Hansbury, who started life as a woman, but began taking massive testosterone injections seven years ago, and now lives as a man. He explains how testosterone changed his views on nature vs. nurture for good. (17 minutes) Song: "To Sir With Love," Lulu
2) Recently came across terrific audio from a 2002 episode of This American Life while researching testosterone for my next book. Griffin Hansbury is a transsexual who asserts that after receiving T (testosterone), he became interested in science and understood physics. Perhaps, but I suspect he may also be susceptible to placebo. Listen and decide for yourself.
Averagesupernova
Mar31-10, 05:03 PM
P: 2,506
I am very private and won't talk about sex to friends. I don't know any women that do. I think that women talking about sex in a crowd of other women is a male fantasy. We may get dirty, but we keep that private.

I must live in a fantasy world then. I'm not saying that EVERY woman I know talks (in front of me) to me or other women about sexual encounters, but it has happened on more than one occasion. My male friends may admit to some kind of encounter, but that is as far as it goes. To say it is a male fantasy is quite simply wrong. I also suppose it depends on what you call a 'crowd'.
Klockan3
Mar31-10, 05:07 PM
Maybe it has to do with you being around? I hear women talk about sex more than I hear men talk about sex btw, unless you count the "lulz" talk but I don't think that should count really.
Borek
Mar31-10, 05:27 PM
Admin
P: 23,522
Hm, seems like no females voted so far (15 votes, all males). I wonder what that means. Probably that Evo is right - women doesn't want to talk about sex.
Evo
Mar31-10, 05:28 PM
Mentor
Maybe it has to do with you being around? I hear women talk about sex more than I hear men talk about sex btw, unless you count the "lulz" talk but I don't think that should count really.
It could very well be my personal group of friends. It could also be a generational thing. It just was never anything to talk about, we had other interesting subjects, our deviant sex lives were personal. Why would you need to talk about your sex life, to brag? Maybe my dullest sex is your most exciting, does it matter?
Math Is Hard
Mar31-10, 05:30 PM
Emeritus
Sci Advisor
PF Gold
P: 4,922
Sis, you're such a prude!

I'm completely the opposite. It was worse when I was younger and worked in a bar with a bunch of cocktail waitresses and played in a band. Filthiest locker room talk you ever heard. I'v mellowed a lot since then, of course.

Register to reply