TV Brokedown...

by Hyperreality
Tags: brokedown
Hyperreality
Aug13-04, 02:31 AM
P: 203
Recently, my bedroom's old TV brokedown. Although it only cost $NZ20.00, about $US10.00. I thought it would be fun to find out what's wrong with it and trying to fix it.

This TV has a very weird habit of occasionally switching to TV1 automatically, and now it does it everytime I switch my TV on, and it does at a frequency of about 1Hz, which means I can't see any image coming out! While doing so, it constaly produces a click. I traced the sound source into case of the TV and I am pretty sure one of the circuit board is shorted.

I wonder if anyone has every experience that, or know what's wrong with it...

This TV is extremely old, but it does have color, if I were to guess the year this TV is made, it would be round about in the early 80s.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Simplicity is key to co-operative robots
Chemical vapor deposition used to grow atomic layer materials on top of each other
Earliest ancestor of land herbivores discovered
mee
Aug29-04, 11:06 AM
P: 220
Quote Quote by Hyperreality
Recently, my bedroom's old TV brokedown. Although it only cost $NZ20.00, about $US10.00. I thought it would be fun to find out what's wrong with it and trying to fix it.

This TV has a very weird habit of occasionally switching to TV1 automatically, and now it does it everytime I switch my TV on, and it does at a frequency of about 1Hz, which means I can't see any image coming out! While doing so, it constaly produces a click. I traced the sound source into case of the TV and I am pretty sure one of the circuit board is shorted.

I wonder if anyone has every experience that, or know what's wrong with it...

This TV is extremely old, but it does have color, if I were to guess the year this TV is made, it would be round about in the early 80s.
I'm uessing a click is a relay or a capacitor. But I'm not an expert. :)
The_Professional
Aug29-04, 05:56 PM
P: 583
Buy a new TV ;)

Vance
Aug29-04, 06:09 PM
P: 190

TV Brokedown...

Plus, prepare some money ($30) to pay for those who collect your old TV, thats a rule here, i am not sure if its the same there though...---sal-
By the way, is an extremely old TV a black-white one ?

Register to reply