Register to reply

Some device or contraption to measure point impact velocity - ballistic pendulum ?

Share this thread:
knosaj
Dec3-11, 07:27 AM
P: 3
i hope you guys and gals can point me in the right direction for a prototype i am working on.

I am looking for a device that measures impact velocity. much like a ballistic pendulum only much sturdier than the ones ive seen online. it has to be able to take a lot of abuse

it doesnt need to be a complete item, i can work with anything that i will be able to rig together, mount on a pole and take the measurement.

it should operate with a pendulum type motion. it doesnt have to be small, but it should be portable.

thank you in advance for your help.

-jason
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Security CTO to detail Android Fake ID flaw at Black Hat
Huge waves measured for first time in Arctic Ocean
Mysterious molecules in space
knosaj
Dec4-11, 08:58 AM
P: 3
anyone?

maybe something that is already in production that i can retro fit?

i have seen the hydrology velocity meters, but i am not sure this would measure the same type of velocity that i am looking for. besides the one i have seen may not stand up to the impacts i will subject it to.

thanks again.

Register to reply