Register to reply

Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser and other oddities + their meaning

by fellupahill
Tags: choice, delayed, eraser, meaning, oddities, quantum
Share this thread:
fellupahill
Mar7-12, 11:48 AM
P: 62
Can someone list the different interpretations of QM and how they differ in their predictions on the nature of reality, and what wave function collapse really is?

I keep flip flopping between thinking the weirdness in QM is just our human minds not comprehending reality correctly and thinking the world is a virtual reality and there's no other explanation. I get a good grasp on wave-particle duality, and then I figure in one more aspect and poof all comprehension goes out the window. So in rescuing my poor mind, please put the different interpretations into context. Is their a "logical explanation" for these almost paranormal experimental outcomes for the likes of the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser? And what are the different crazy(but inherently more interesting) explanations?
Phys.Org News Partner Physics news on Phys.org
Engineers develop new sensor to detect tiny individual nanoparticles
Tiny particles have big potential in debate over nuclear proliferation
Ray tracing and beyond
San K
Mar7-12, 01:21 PM
P: 915
Quote Quote by fellupahill View Post
Can someone list the different interpretations of QM and how they differ in their predictions on the nature of reality, and what wave function collapse really is?

I keep flip flopping between thinking the weirdness in QM is just our human minds not comprehending reality correctly and thinking the world is a virtual reality and there's no other explanation. I get a good grasp on wave-particle duality, and then I figure in one more aspect and poof all comprehension goes out the window. So in rescuing my poor mind, please put the different interpretations into context. Is their a "logical explanation" for these almost paranormal experimental outcomes for the likes of the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser? And what are the different crazy(but inherently more interesting) explanations?
it's just a "filtering" trick.

the interference pattern is "hidden/embedded" in the non-interference pattern

no paranormal stuff.....sorry if that takes out a lot of the mystery

Register to reply