Gravitational Constant: Questions and Ideas

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of increasing the gravitational constant (G) and its potential effects on life on Earth and other planets. The speakers also mention possible adaptations that may occur in animals and changes in ocean waves. Finally, they wonder about the overall impact on the universe.
Numeriprimi
Hey, I have got some guestions, when I philosophized with me friends...

We have classic gravitational constant, say G... And now, constant is 2G, 5G or 100G... (increases).
Others constants and physics legislation is normal.

THEREAFTER...

How is live on Earth?
And other planets and universe object?

Have you got any idea?

Thanks and sorry for bad Englist.

Physics news on Phys.org
If gravity increased I think many animals would slowly adapt by developing stronger leg muscles, and bigger hearts and lungs. Though we'd probably suffer more back problems, and do more damage whenever we tripped in the street.

Ocean waves might not be as high, and it would become rare to hit a 6 in cricket.

When G increases there'll be various innumberable changes made to the whole universe.:-p

Related to Gravitational Constant: Questions and Ideas

1. What is the gravitational constant?

The gravitational constant, denoted by the letter G, is a fundamental physical constant that quantifies the strength of the gravitational force between two objects with mass.

2. How is the gravitational constant measured?

The gravitational constant is typically measured using a torsion balance, which measures the deflection of a suspended object due to the gravitational force between two masses.

3. What is the value of the gravitational constant?

The value of the gravitational constant is approximately 6.674 x 10^-11 m^3 kg^-1 s^-2. However, the exact value is still a subject of ongoing research and debate in the scientific community.

4. Why is the gravitational constant important?

The gravitational constant is important because it allows us to accurately calculate the force of gravity between objects, which is crucial for understanding the motion of celestial bodies in the universe.

5. Can the gravitational constant change?

Currently, there is no evidence to suggest that the gravitational constant changes over time. However, some theories, such as string theory, propose that the value of the gravitational constant may vary in different dimensions or universes.