Register to reply

A camera for recording lectures?

by christian0710
Tags: camera, lectures, recording
Share this thread:
christian0710
Mar8-13, 07:45 AM
P: 209
Hi, I was wondering, what would be the smartest solution for recording lectures at university with the following requirements

1. I want the video files to be a small in size as possible (not filling my harddrive to fast)
2. The quality to be good enough so you can see the text on the lectures projector (not amazingly good quality, probably > 5mpx.

Would the solution be to find a good webcam to attach to my laptop, or to get some special camera that can hold battery for 3-5 hours?
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
World's largest solar boat on Greek prehistoric mission
Google searches hold key to future market crashes
Mineral magic? Common mineral capable of making and breaking bonds
Greg Bernhardt
Mar24-13, 09:04 PM
Admin
P: 9,311
Quote Quote by christian0710 View Post
Would the solution be to find a good webcam to attach to my laptop, or to get some special camera that can hold battery for 3-5 hours?
I would go webcam. It will be more discrete and there will be plenty of software support.

Research some of these
http://bluemic.com/desktop/
christian0710
Apr14-13, 05:48 AM
P: 209
These look great! Would you know of any like these just with the added function of recording video (just like 5mpx?) I don't need HD, just a simple camera with long battery life (or USB) :)

Borek
Apr14-13, 06:14 AM
Admin
P: 23,374
A camera for recording lectures?

I believe you can't record without the lecturer consent. But I can be wrong.
harborsparrow
Apr21-13, 07:07 PM
PF Gold
P: 347
Honestly, get an iPhone. No fuss, no muss, it just works.

Register to reply