Teaching Positions in a Fanuc Robot

by LURCH
Tags: fanuc, positions, robot, teaching
Share this thread:
LURCH
Jun2-13, 12:56 PM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,510
Has anyone here worked with Fanuc robots? At my shop, we use RJ 2 or 3 controllers on all of our MIG welders. I sometimes have to make small moves in the robot's point positions. This is generally done by putting the robot's coordinate system in "Tool", finding the axis I need, and then setting the speed to 2 or 3 %, and "bumping" the directional button a couple times until the location looks about right. Obviously, this process is not very precise. I'm wondering if there isn't a way to just tell the bot that I need to go ".3mm in the positive direction along the Y Axis"?

I'm looking around online for instructions on Fanc RJ2/3 controllers, but this question is too complex for any of the search engines I use to find an answer on the net. I could look it up in the manual, but that's at the shop and when I'm there I don't have time to read! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Phys.Org News Partner Science news on Phys.org
Hoverbike drone project for air transport takes off
Earlier Stone Age artifacts found in Northern Cape of South Africa
Study reveals new characteristics of complex oxide surfaces
Greg Bernhardt
Jun18-13, 05:06 PM
Admin
P: 9,282
LURCH did you end up figuring this out? The Fanuc Robot looks pretty neat!
LURCH
Jun29-13, 07:22 AM
Sci Advisor
P: 2,510
OK; after some pretty extensive searching, I did find an answder of sorts. Clusty dug up a link to a patent application for a software packet that would do what I want. I guess that settles that!

Register to reply