Solving Log10(x)^log10(log10X)=10000

• Thread starter Martin Zhao
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is discussing a problem involving solving for x in an equation with logarithmic expressions. The individual asking for help clarifies that all instances of x represent the same thing and the notation used in the original equation may be confusing. They are advised to post their question in the Homework & Coursework section with a clear explanation of their attempted solution.
Martin Zhao
Who may help me with this question? Thanks. Log10(x)^log10(log10X)=10000

Mathematics news on Phys.org
What question? Do you need to solve for x? x and X are representing the same thing? If so, why aren't they the same symbol?

We need to solve for x. all the x are the same thing.

I have closed this thread, as it was posted in the wrong forum section. Please start a new thread in the Homework & Coursework section, under Precalculus. Be sure to include what you've tried.

Also, your notation is confusing in places. log10 means log, base 10 (or log10). What you have written as log10X probably means log10(x), but it's possible you meant log(10x), with log understood to mean log base 10.

Hello, solving this equation would require a deep understanding of logarithms and their properties. You may want to consult a mathematics professor or tutor for assistance with this question. Additionally, there are many online resources and forums where you can seek help from other mathematicians and scientists. Good luck!

1. What is the first step in solving this equation?

The first step is to rewrite the equation in exponential form, using the property that log(a)^b = b*log(a). This gives us x = 10^(10000/ log10(log10x)).

2. How do I solve for x if it appears in both the base and exponent of the logarithm?

In this case, we can use the change of base formula to rewrite the equation in terms of a single logarithm with a base of our choice. This gives us log10(x) / log10(log10x) = 10000. We can then simplify by multiplying both sides by log10(log10x), resulting in log10(x) = 10000 * log10(log10x).

3. Is there a specific base that I should choose when using the change of base formula?

No, you can choose any base that is convenient for you. The most commonly used bases are 10, e, and 2, but any positive number can be used.

4. Can I solve this equation by hand or do I need a calculator?

It is possible to solve this equation by hand, but it may be difficult and time-consuming. Using a calculator can make the process much easier and more accurate.

5. Are there any restrictions on the possible values of x?

Since the equation involves a logarithm, the value of x must be greater than 0. Additionally, x must be a real number, so any solutions that result in a negative or imaginary number must be discarded.