How can u tell if somthing is in series or parallel?

In summary, the conversation discusses the difficulty in identifying whether a circuit is in series or parallel. The individual is familiar with identifying circuits with capacitors but struggles with resistors. They share a picture and describe how they believe the circuit is in series and parallel. Another individual provides a simple explanation of parallel circuits and the original poster thanks them for their help.
mr_coffee
Hello everyone, I'm having troubles finding a system to figure out if the circuit is in series or parellel. I knew how to do it with capacitors, but with resistors it throws me off...here is the picture:
http://www.webassign.net/hrw/hrw7_27-19.gif
I thought #1 was in series, because the current postive pole hits the resistors + to -, then it hits the other resistor in the same way.
#2. it seems to be in parellel because it doesn't fallow that pattern
#3. it also seems to be parellel because it doesn't fallow that patern exactly? ANy ehlp wold be great

Physics news on Phys.org
Well parallel just means the electricity has more then 1 path to take so just start at a terminal and figure out if there's more then 1 path you can take to the other terminal

ohhh, thank u soo much it worked perfectly! simple concept too :)

Related to How can u tell if somthing is in series or parallel?

What is the difference between series and parallel circuits?

In a series circuit, all components are connected in a single loop, while in a parallel circuit, components are connected in separate branches.

How do I identify if a circuit is in series or parallel?

In a series circuit, there is only one path for current to flow, while in a parallel circuit, there are multiple paths for current to flow.

Can a circuit contain both series and parallel components?

Yes, a circuit can have a combination of series and parallel components.

How does the voltage change in a series or parallel circuit?

In a series circuit, the voltage is divided among the components, while in a parallel circuit, the voltage remains constant across each branch.

Which type of circuit is used more commonly in household appliances?

Parallel circuits are more commonly used in household appliances because they allow for different components to operate independently.