5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A

• MHB
  • Thread starter Joystar77
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about drawing a complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5. The question is whether the graph should be drawn using medium or large squares and whether it should be drawn vertically or horizontally. The expert suggests simply drawing a 'pentagon' with any two vertices connected by a line. The expert also clarifies that the question does not specify drawing a pentagon and provides two different ways of drawing the graph, one using a pentagon and the other horizontally.
Joystar77
Consider the complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5.

A. Draw the graph

The question I have when drawing this graph with 5 vertices and denote by K5, should I draw, medium, or large squares? Should I draw the graph vertically or horizontally or which would be easier when I have to make sure it has 5 vertices (denoted by K5)?

Physics news on Phys.org
Joystar1977 said:
Consider the complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5.

A. Draw the graph

The question I have when drawing this graph with 5 vertices and denote by K5, should I draw, medium, or large squares? Should I draw the graph vertically or horizontally or which would be easier when I have to make sure it has 5 vertices (denoted by K5)?
What you are required to do is simply draw a 'pentagon' with any two vetices connected by a 'line'. I do not understand what you mean by drawing $K_5$ vertically (or horizontally ). Can you please elaborate on this?

Caffeinemachine: In response to your questions, I am trying to see what exactly is easier when I draw this graph and to help me understand it as to me reading it. Are you stating that I am suppose to draw a pentagon? I ask this because the question doesn't specify or state that. It states the following:

A.) Consider the complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5. Draw the graph.

When I mean by drawing K5 vertically or horizontally is would it be easier to see straight up and down or going across from left to right.

Joystar1977 said:
Caffeinemachine: In response to your questions, I am trying to see what exactly is easier when I draw this graph and to help me understand it as to me reading it. Are you stating that I am suppose to draw a pentagon? I ask this because the question doesn't specify or state that. It states the following:

A.) Consider the complete graph with 5 vertices, denoted by K5. Draw the graph.

When I mean by drawing K5 vertically or horizontally is would it be easier to see straight up and down or going across from left to right.
Here I have drawn it in two different ways. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JaUjGU2cnnnpabDzyT_GQRsq7Uyy_qTRDrsPwrOL9D4/edit?usp=drive_web

One is the 'pentagon' way and the pther is the 'horizontal' way. Tell me if you have further doubts.

As a scientist, it is important to be precise and accurate in your work. In this case, the size of the squares does not matter as long as they represent the vertices. You can draw the graph either vertically or horizontally, whichever is easier for you to visualize and work with. The important thing is that the graph should have 5 vertices, denoted by K5.

Related to 5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A

What is a "5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A"?

"5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A" is a mathematical concept used in graph theory. It refers to a complete graph with 5 vertices, where each vertex is connected to every other vertex.

What is a complete graph?

A complete graph is a graph in which every pair of distinct vertices is connected by an edge. In other words, every vertex in a complete graph is directly connected to every other vertex.

What do the letters "K5" stand for in this concept?

The letter "K" stands for "complete" and the number "5" represents the number of vertices in the graph. So "K5" simply means a complete graph with 5 vertices.

How is "5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A" related to other mathematical concepts?

"5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A" is related to the concept of a complete graph, as well as other concepts in graph theory such as connectivity and degree of a vertex.

What is the significance of studying "5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A"?

Studying "5 Vertices Denoted by K5 part A" can help us better understand the properties and behaviors of complete graphs, as well as their applications in various fields such as computer science, social networks, and transportation systems.