8 nobel laureates and now this

• Thread starter WannabeNewton
  • Start date
In summary, a Bronx high school has been making headlines for all the wrong reasons. Several members of the track team have been accused of violent and sexual hazing, causing embarrassment and disappointment for recent graduates. The school's principal is facing criticism for her handling of the situation, with some feeling that she is prioritizing the temporary suspension of the team over the serious allegations.
WannabeNewton
Science Advisor
8 nobel laureates and now this...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/03...eam-members-accused-in-violent-sexual-hazing/

And to think I graduated from here not even a year ago; I used to be proud of this school and the physics history it had but now it just feels overwhelmingly embarrassing to even say I went here.. It scares me just how messed up kids can be even in a school that I thought was a safe haven from things like this, at least when I was there. Lately the school has been getting nothing but bad reputation and it might be because the entrance exam cutoff score is constantly being lowered and more and more messed up kids are being let in. How people can be so cruel and disgusting is just beyond me :frown:

Physics news on Phys.org
The school prinicipal is concerned about suspending the track team temporarily? That's so trivial compared to what has happened. Unbelievable where some people's priorities lie.

Evo said:
The school prinicipal is concerned about suspending the track team temporarily? That's so trivial compared to what has happened. Unbelievable where some people's priorities lie.
She's such a bad principal you can't even believe. On graduation day people were chanting her name in infamy lol.

1. Who are the 8 Nobel Laureates mentioned?

The 8 Nobel Laureates mentioned in this statement are individuals who have been awarded the Nobel Prize in their respective fields. The specific laureates mentioned may vary depending on the context of the statement, but generally, they are individuals who have made significant contributions to their fields of study or research.

2. What is the significance of being a Nobel Laureate?

Being a Nobel Laureate is a prestigious honor that recognizes individuals for their exceptional achievements in their fields of study or research. It is considered one of the highest honors one can receive in their respective fields and often comes with a substantial monetary prize.

3. How are Nobel Laureates chosen?

Nobel Laureates are chosen by various Nobel committees, which are made up of experts in their respective fields. These committees evaluate nominations and select the most qualified individuals based on the criteria set by Alfred Nobel in his will.

4. What is the history of the Nobel Prize?

The Nobel Prize was established by Alfred Nobel, a Swedish chemist, inventor, and philanthropist, in his will in 1895. The first Nobel Prizes were awarded in 1901, and since then, they have become one of the most prestigious and recognized awards in the world.

5. How does winning a Nobel Prize impact a laureate's career?

Winning a Nobel Prize can have a significant impact on a laureate's career. It can bring recognition, prestige, and increased funding opportunities for their research. It can also open doors for collaborations and opportunities to further their work and make a greater impact in their fields.