A cat whose insatiable curiosity keeps me looking and questioning

Elimelech70
How did you find PF?
Searched Google for a place to discuss philosophy and science
I think the Enlightenment actually brought more darkness to science than light, using a few sparks to give the appearance of substance and intelligence.
These sparks have led to a number of theories that are not beeb proven yet becoming foundational to other knowledges. I know we need models to help us begin, but we must be careful on what we base them.

With that said I like to challenge and learn through this challenge, shaking and rethinking. So chatting with smart people like yourself who are similarly minded is where I believe I can grow.

So I hope to chat challenge think and re-think and grow with all of you amazing people.

• Skeptical
Likes phinds and PeroK
Physics news on Phys.org
Elimelech70 said:
I think the Enlightenment actually brought more darkness to science than light
Without some examples, I don't think I agree with this. Be advised that we don't discuss philosophy at this site, so if that's what you're curious about, your curiosity won't be satisfied here.

Likes Elimelech70, Bystander, phinds and 2 others
Democracy. Rights of Man. Religious Tolerance. Oh, the horrors!

• Haha
Likes phinds, Doc Al and PeroK
Elimelech70 said:
How did you find PF?: Searched Google for a place to discuss philosophy and science

I think the Enlightenment actually brought more darkness to science than light, using a few sparks to give the appearance of substance and intelligence.
You can can return to the Dark Ages, if you want. I prefer enlightenment.

Likes phinds and Doc Al
Mark44 said:
Without some examples, I don't think I agree with this. Be advised that we don't discuss philosophy at this site, so if that's what you're curious about, your curiosity won't be satisfied here.
Ok i will look elsewhere... but you are very misinformed if you think quantum physics does include philosophy.

Elimelech70 said:
Ok i will look elsewhere... but you are very misinformed if you think quantum physics does include philosophy.
My comment had nothing to do with quantum physics, but rather, your remark in post #1.
Searched Google for a place to discuss philosophy and science

Elimelech70 said:
There is no philosophy in any of the quantum physics textbooks that I have. It's true that you may philosophise about quantum physics - as you can about any branch of science.

The philosophy of science is a different academic subject - separate from science itself. In the same way that literary criticism is very different from creative writing.

We focus on science here, partly because questions relating to the philosphy of science can never be resolved by experiment, and essentially boil down to a matter of opinion and gut feeling.

Likes Vanadium 50
Thanks

1. What makes cats so curious?

Cats are naturally curious animals, which is a result of their hunting instincts. They are constantly exploring and investigating their surroundings, which allows them to survive in the wild.

2. How does a cat's curiosity benefit them?

Cats' curiosity allows them to learn about their environment and adapt to new situations. It also helps them stay mentally stimulated and prevents boredom, which is important for their overall well-being.

3. Can a cat's curiosity be dangerous?

While curiosity is generally a positive trait for cats, it can also lead them into potentially dangerous situations. It's important for cat owners to provide a safe and supervised environment for their curious feline friends.

4. How do I satisfy my cat's insatiable curiosity?

There are several ways to satisfy your cat's curiosity, such as providing interactive toys, creating new and stimulating environments, and engaging in playtime with your cat. It's also important to allow your cat to explore and investigate at their own pace.

5. Can a cat's curiosity be trained or controlled?

While you can't completely control a cat's curiosity, you can train them to be more cautious and less impulsive. Positive reinforcement techniques can be used to encourage desirable behaviors and discourage potentially dangerous ones.