AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting-Washington DC (Jul 28-Aug 1, 2018)

In summary, the AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting in Washington DC has announced a call for papers and abstracts are due on Feb 21. However, one person in the conversation will not be attending due to a planned vacation, but may consider going if they can get a complimentary ticket. They also mention the upcoming meetings for 2019 and 2020. Another person in the conversation expresses their excitement for the meeting as they live in DC and can easily attend.
robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
The call for papers has been announced for
the AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting in Washington DC (Jul 28-Aug 1, 2018).
http://www.aapt.org/Conferences/sm2018/abstractsubpage.cfm .
Abstracts are due on Feb 21.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be attending this meeting.(Future meetings:
  • 2019 Winter Meeting, January 12-15 (Houston, Texas)
  • 2019 Summer Meeting, July 20-24 (Utah Valley Convention Center, Provo, Utah)
  • 2020 Winter Meeting, January 18-21 (Caribe Royale Hotel, Orlando, Florida)
  • 2020 Summer Meeting, July 18-22 (Amway Grand Plaza Hotel, Grand Rapids, Michigan)
)

Likes Greg Bernhardt
Science news on Phys.org
robphy said:
(Jul 28-Aug 1, 2018)
oui, pretty much right when I get back from a planned vacation. I'd still consider going if I can successfully lobby for a comp'd ticket :biggrin:

I might be able to make it since I live in DC and have a butt-load of vacation that I can use. Maybe get work to pay the fees...
Even better, I can take the metro to within a block and walk to the meeting. Woohoo...

1. What is the AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting in Washington DC?

The AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting is a conference organized by the American Association of Physics Teachers (AAPT) that will take place in Washington DC from July 28 to August 1, 2018. It is a gathering of physics educators and researchers from around the world to share their latest findings, ideas, and best practices in teaching and learning physics.

2. Who can attend the AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting?

The AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting is open to all educators, researchers, and students who are interested in physics education. This includes high school and college physics teachers, university faculty, graduate and undergraduate students, and anyone else with an interest in physics education.

3. What topics will be covered at the AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting?

The conference will cover a wide range of topics related to physics education, including innovative teaching methods, new research findings, effective use of technology in the classroom, and diversity and inclusion in physics education. There will also be workshops, panel discussions, and plenary sessions featuring renowned experts in the field.

4. How can I register for the AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting?

To register for the conference, you can visit the official AAPT website and follow the registration instructions. Early bird registration is available until June 15, 2018, and on-site registration will also be available at the conference. Registration fees vary depending on your membership status and the date of registration.

5. Will there be any networking opportunities at the AAPT 2018 Summer Meeting?

Yes, there will be plenty of opportunities to network with other physics educators and researchers at the conference. There will be social events, poster sessions, and informal gatherings where you can meet and connect with like-minded individuals. You can also join the AAPT online community to network with other attendees before and after the conference.