Abortion: The Necessity for Victims of Rape and Incest

• Thread starter Justinius
  • Start date
In summary, Dayle argues that in some cases abortion is acceptable, and that it is better to forget rape rather than deal with it.
Since you post this question in the Value subsection of the Philosophy section, the question you should ask yourself now is: HOW WOULD PHILOSOPHERS RESPOND TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS THREAD? So far people are responding as if they are on a Day Time TV Talkshow. Maybe you should ask for this thread to be moved to the general discussion section. I think with this level of response justice would be better served there.

Physics news on Phys.org
Philocrat said:
Since you post this question in the Value subsection of the Philosophy section, the question you should ask yourself now is: HOW WOULD PHILOSOPHERS RESPOND TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS THREAD? So far people are responding as if they are on a Day Time TV Talkshow. Maybe you should ask for this thread to be moved to the general discussion section. I think with this level of response justice would be better served there.
The more pertinent question is why you think that appealing to authority is important for these discussions. The people here may not be formally trained philosophers (or haven't even taken any philosophy), but the ideas posted by some in here are what philosophers have been thinking about, or encounter in the field.

If someone is posting Daytime TV talkshow arguments, they are easily destroyed by counterarguments made by the "knowledgeable philosophers" here.

Last edited:
this is how freddy kruger was made/born. Nothing good can come outta this.

Philocrat, I don't see your problem. What reasoning do you object to? This thread is mostly about establishing values by comparison--do you object to this kind of argument? In value theory it is often necessary to ask for and share opinions. Not all philosophy takes the form of sterile and lofty ideals, and nor should it.