Academic Earth- A Collection of Free Video Lectures on Many Subjects

In summary, a user shares their discovery of a website called Academic Earth which offers video lectures on various subjects from top schools like M.I.T, Berkeley, Harvard, and Yale. They find it useful to have all the materials catalogued in one place and have personally taken courses from MIT and Yale through the site. They also request for the thread to be moved to the appropriate section of the forum.
Ivan92
Hey guys. I just stumbled upon this site which I find really awesome. Its called Academic Earth. This site has a collection of video lectures on many different subjects: Math, Science, Engineering, History, Philosophy and many more. It has lectures from M.I.T, Berkeley, Harvard, Yale and more schools! Its just an amazing find and I want to share it with all of you.

Link: http://academicearth.org/

Have fun learning! :smile:

P.S Someone might want to move this into its appropriate place on the forum.

Last edited:
Earth sciences news on Phys.org
Bump. Can someone move this to its appropriate place. Thanks in advance. :)

i've downloaded some of Stanford's course materials before. but it is kind of handy having everything catalogued in one spot.

Proton Soup said:
i've downloaded some of Stanford's course materials before. but it is kind of handy having everything catalogued in one spot.

yup! I did take MIT's and Yale lectures for Physics, and those were fun!

Thanks for sharing, Ivan!

That's cool--thanks.

Im sorry, but I don't think this thread should be lost in the General Discussion part of the forum. It belongs to the Math & Science Learning Materials part of the forum. Could someone please move this thread? Thanks in advance :)

What is "Academic Earth"?

Academic Earth is a website that offers a collection of free video lectures on a wide range of subjects from top universities and institutions around the world. It aims to provide high-quality education to anyone with internet access.

How can I access the lectures on Academic Earth?

You can access the lectures on Academic Earth by simply visiting the website and browsing through the different subjects and courses available. You can also use the search bar to find specific topics or courses.

Are the lectures on Academic Earth free?

Yes, all the lectures on Academic Earth are completely free to access. There are no hidden fees or subscription charges. However, some courses may offer additional resources or materials for a fee.

Are the lectures on Academic Earth of good quality?

Yes, all the lectures on Academic Earth are from top universities and institutions, ensuring high-quality content. The lectures are also reviewed and vetted by a team of experts before being uploaded to the website.

Can I earn a degree or certificate from Academic Earth?

No, Academic Earth does not offer degrees or certificates. It is a platform for individuals to access free educational resources and expand their knowledge on various subjects.