Aerospace Engineering Offers: Bath, Loughborough, Manchester

In summary, the person is seeking advice on which offer to accept for their Aerospace Engineering degree from three universities: Bath, Loughborough, and Manchester. They are personally attracted to Manchester but are unsure about the quality of teaching compared to the other two, as it ranks lower in league tables. Another person suggests Loughborough as the better choice due to its higher ranking, and the potential lack of personal attention at Manchester due to its size. The person also mentions Bath, which ranks even higher in the tables but follows a similar curriculum to other engineering courses in the first two years. They ultimately decide on Bath due to its high ranking and positive feedback from others. They also mention the opportunities for placements at Bristol.
BalintRigo
Hello,

I am currently holding offers for Aerospace Engineering from the following unis:

Bath
Loughborough
Manchester

My reply date is tomorrow and I am having a hard time deciding which offer to accept.
Personally I'm attracted to Manchester the most (I like the course content, the city, etc.) but I'm not sure how the quality of teaching compares to the other two since Manchester ranks worse in league tables. e.g. Bath is 7th, Manchester 15th in Aero in Times Good Uni guide 2010.

Could you, please share your opinion on this?
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, I know this is late, but I'd suppose Loughborough is the better choice. After all, isn't it ranked 5th in UK? And manchester is a rather large university, and I'd wonder how much personal attention you could receive...

Abraham,
thanks for your reply, nope its not late, i have to reply today :)

How about Bath? It ranks even better in the tables. The only thing I don't like is that it follows the same curriculum as the mechanical/civil/manufacturing/etc. engineering courses in the first two years. But then again, it might be good.

Likes Aero_Arnendu
I actually haven't looked at Bath as a school, but usually mech and aero degrees have the first two years in common. So, which one did you decide on? Good luck with your studies BalintRigo...

Thank you Abraham!

I chose Bath. It ranks among the best unis in Aero eng. I know a few people that go there and they are all very satisfied. Bristol is also very by with companies like Airbus, Rolls Royce and a lot of students go for placement there.

Bálint,
Slovakia

Any other opinions? Maybe someone who studies Engineering in Manchester?

What universities offer Aerospace Engineering programs?

The universities that offer Aerospace Engineering programs are Bath, Loughborough, and Manchester.

What are the benefits of studying Aerospace Engineering?

Studying Aerospace Engineering can open up a wide range of job opportunities in the aviation and space industries. It also allows you to gain knowledge and skills in areas such as aerodynamics, propulsion, and spacecraft design.

What is the admission process for Aerospace Engineering programs?

The admission process may vary slightly between universities, but generally it involves submitting an application, meeting certain academic requirements, and possibly attending an interview or assessment. It is important to check the specific requirements of each university.

What are the career prospects for Aerospace Engineering graduates?

Aerospace Engineering graduates have a high demand in the job market, with opportunities in fields such as aircraft and spacecraft design, research and development, and manufacturing. They can also work in related industries such as defense, transportation, and energy.

What sets Bath, Loughborough, and Manchester apart from other universities for Aerospace Engineering?

These universities have a strong reputation for their Aerospace Engineering programs, with high-quality teaching and research facilities. They also have close ties with industry partners, providing students with valuable hands-on experience and networking opportunities.