AI-assisted math learning for adult (long-term) beginner

• MHB
  • Thread starter DeusAbscondus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Beginner
In summary, the conversation is about finding a competitor to the computer- or AI-assisted math learning program ALEKS. The person asking for recommendations has had a negative experience with ALEKS and is looking for alternatives. They specifically mention wanting a program that adapts to their progress and guides them to specific areas for study. They also request tips, suggestions, anecdotes, good jokes, and references to good software.
DeusAbscondus
My Question relates to Commercial Computer- or AI-assisted Math learning programs

Can anyone recommend a competitor to ALEKS (which I used to use but gave up on when they revamped the lay out)
Besides which, I have reason to believe that ALEKS may not be best value in computer-assisted math learning.

Thanks for any tips, suggestions, anecdotes, good jokes and/or references to good software

Michael
aka Lebec
aka DeusAbscondus

Physics news on Phys.org
DeusAbscondus said:
My Question relates to Commercial Computer- or AI-assisted Math learning programs

Can anyone recommend a competitor to ALEKS (which I used to use but gave up on when they revamped the lay out)
Besides which, I have reason to believe that ALEKS may not be best value in computer-assisted math learning.

Thanks for any tips, suggestions, anecdotes, good jokes and/or references to good software

Hey Michael, (Wave)

Can you elaborate please a bit on what you mean by "AI-assisted" here? Do you mean a program that adapts to how well you are doing and changes the difficulty? Something that keeps track of topics you perform better/worse on and adapts to that? Those kinds of things I assume right?

Jameson said:
Hey Michael, (Wave)

Can you elaborate please a bit on what you mean by "AI-assisted" here? Do you mean a program that adapts to how well you are doing and changes the difficulty? Something that keeps track of topics you perform better/worse on and adapts to that? Those kinds of things I assume right?

Yes, Jameson, that is precisely what I had in mind: I want to be "assessed" online, in an ongoing way, and guided into specific areas for focused study on the basis of this assessment, all in the one package (as is the stated goal of ALEKS (https://www.aleks.com/about_aleks)

Thanks kindly for your response,
Michael

1. What is AI-assisted math learning for adult (long-term) beginners?

AI-assisted math learning for adult (long-term) beginners is a method of teaching mathematics that utilizes artificial intelligence technology to create personalized and adaptive learning experiences for adults who are learning math for the first time or have been out of practice for a long period of time.

2. How does AI-assisted math learning differ from traditional math learning methods?

AI-assisted math learning differs from traditional math learning methods in that it uses advanced algorithms and data analysis to customize the learning experience for each individual learner. This allows for a more personalized and efficient approach to learning, as it targets the specific needs and learning styles of the student.

3. What are the benefits of using AI-assisted math learning for adult beginners?

The benefits of using AI-assisted math learning for adult beginners include a more personalized and efficient learning experience, increased engagement and motivation, and the ability to track progress and identify areas for improvement. It also allows for a more flexible learning schedule, as the AI technology is available 24/7.

4. Can AI-assisted math learning be used for advanced math concepts?

Yes, AI-assisted math learning can be used for advanced math concepts. The technology can adapt to the level of the learner and provide more challenging material as the student progresses. It can also provide additional resources and support for more complex topics.

5. Is AI-assisted math learning suitable for all types of learners?

Yes, AI-assisted math learning can be beneficial for all types of learners. It can adapt to different learning styles and pace, making it suitable for visual, auditory, and kinesthetic learners. It can also provide additional support for students who may struggle with traditional learning methods.