Alaska lawmakers vote to subpoena Todd Palin

• News
  • Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
In summary, the probe into Sarah Palin's abuse of power has widened as state lawmakers voted to subpoena her husband. Republican efforts to delay the probe were unsuccessful and one Republican senator even voted with the Democrats. Despite this, it is believed that Palin may actually gain more support as the press continues to cover this story. However, her ethical lapses and lack of experience in foreign policy continue to be a concern.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
I didn't see this posted by anyone else, but I'm heading for bed.

It seems the probe into Palin's abuse of power has widened.

The abuse of power investigation against Sarah Palin, Alaska governor and Republican vice presidential candidate, took a potentially ominous turn for her party on Friday when state lawmakers voted to subpoena her husband.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/palin_troopergate

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I didn't see this posted by anyone else, but I'm heading for bed.

It seems the probe into Palin's abuse of power has widened.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/palin_troopergate

AP said:
Republican efforts to delay the probe until after the Nov. 4 election were thwarted when GOP State Sen. Charlie Huggins, who represents Palin's hometown of Wasilla, sided with Democrats. "Let's just get the facts on the table," said Huggins, who appeared in camouflage pants to vote during a break from moose hunting.

Now that is such a folksy image, I wish they had done that for the CNN cameras.

They dress up in combat camouflage to go shoot wild cows?

Precious.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think Palin will be hurt by this. In fact ... she may even garner more support if the press keeps playing this out.

They dress up in combat camouflage to go shoot wild cows?
It's Alaska: They shoot lots of things.

castlegates said:
I don't think Palin will be hurt by this. In fact ... she may even garner more support if the press keeps playing this out.

No her ethical lapses are mounting.

Her vapid, inane claims to foreign policy experience because you can see Russia from an island in Alaska, is just too bizarre to even comprehend.

Palin is a yard plant that requires full shade. She withers in bright light. She only seems to flourish in a bed of fertilizer.

Related to Alaska lawmakers vote to subpoena Todd Palin

1. What is the reason for the subpoena of Todd Palin?

The Alaska lawmakers have voted to subpoena Todd Palin as part of an ongoing investigation into the firing of former Alaska Public Safety Commissioner, Walt Monegan.

2. Who initiated the subpoena request?

The subpoena request was initiated by the Alaska Legislative Council, a bipartisan legislative body responsible for overseeing the Alaska Legislature's legal and administrative matters.

3. What role did Todd Palin play in the investigation?

Todd Palin, husband of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, allegedly played a role in the firing of Walt Monegan. He is said to have pressured Monegan to fire a state trooper who was in a custody battle with Sarah Palin's sister. Todd Palin's involvement in the matter has raised questions about potential abuse of power.

4. Has Todd Palin been subpoenaed before in relation to this investigation?

No, this is the first time Todd Palin has been subpoenaed in relation to the investigation into the firing of Walt Monegan. However, he has previously been questioned by investigators as a witness in the case.

5. What happens if Todd Palin refuses to comply with the subpoena?

If Todd Palin refuses to comply with the subpoena, he could potentially face consequences such as contempt of court charges. However, it is likely that he will comply with the subpoena as he has previously cooperated with investigators in the case.