Allison Krause and Union Station

• Thread starter turbo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Union
In summary, the conversation discussed the upcoming broadcast of a live concert on PBS featuring a talented band with a standout member on dobro. The conversation also touched on personal music preferences and a hope for a short speech from Jim Lehrer to make time for the concert.
turbo
Gold Member
Their live concert (basis for their live CD) is going to be broadcast on PBS at 9:00 eastern tonight. If you haven't seen this, please try to tune in. Every one of the band members is stellar, and Jerry Douglas (on dobro) will floor you.

Physics news on Phys.org
OOH! Thanks, turbo!

You're welcome, MIH. I hope that the the scheduling on the left coast is equivalent. This is one of the most entertaining live concert recordings of all time, IMO. I play guitar and whored out doing lots of rock and blues for years, but I have a soft spot for bluegrass. Strangely, my favored style is finger-picking - I have no home.

Damn! Jim Lehrer just came on to talk about Bush's speech tonight. I hope he keeps it short so we can listen to something real and honest. In Bush's opening salvo, he claimed that our enemies attacked us here, and linked that to the war in Iraq. Since the alleged suicide bombers were predominantly Saudis, why aren't we laying waste to Saudi Arabia?

Related to Allison Krause and Union Station

1. Who is Allison Krauss and Union Station?

Allison Krauss and Union Station is a bluegrass band that was formed in 1987. The band consists of lead singer and violinist Allison Krauss, along with Barry Bales, Ron Block, Jerry Douglas, and Dan Tyminski. They have won multiple Grammy Awards and are known for their traditional yet innovative sound.

2. When did Allison Krauss and Union Station form?

The band was formed in 1987 in Champaign, Illinois.

3. How did Allison Krauss and Union Station get their name?

The band's name comes from the street where they used to rehearse in Nashville, Tennessee.

4. What type of music does Allison Krauss and Union Station play?

Allison Krauss and Union Station are primarily known for their bluegrass music, but they also incorporate elements of country, folk, and rock into their sound.

5. What are some of Allison Krauss and Union Station's biggest hits?

Some of the band's most popular songs include "When You Say Nothing at All," "The Lucky One," and "Whiskey Lullaby." They have also collaborated with other artists on hits such as "Gone, Gone, Gone" with Robert Plant and "The Boy Who Wouldn't Hoe Corn" with Sting.