Amazon's $1B Lord of the Rings TV Show

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rings
In summary, the conversation discusses the excitement for the upcoming Lord of the Rings TV series, with hopes that it lives up to the budget and is as good as Game of Thrones. There are also predictions about the plot, with the possibility of including lesser-known characters and storylines due to the extended format of TV. There is also anticipation for the artistic representations of the various locations and time periods that the show may cover.
Physics news on Phys.org
Very interesting, thanks for posting!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Any predictions on plot?
Ring gets made. Ring gets lost. Ring gets found. Ring gets carried. Ring gets destroyed.

Likes DrStupid, AidenFlamel, phinds and 1 other person
I'll watch!

I'm not sure if the above TV series is intended as a remake of LOTR, or else based on other related material - "The Silmarillion" for example. If it's the former, I do hope (if ever so faintly) that it includes Tom Bombadil & Goldberry, plus "The Scouring of the Shire". It could even squeeze in Gildor at a push.

I mention this because an extended TV series has so much more elbow room at its disposal than film. There's room for almost everything. . . even approaching something akin to complete fidelity with the text? It happened with "I Claudius", "Tinker, Tailor" and "Brideshead Revisited" - to name but three famous TV adaptations. Why not make it four, or more?

Likes Rubidium_71 and gmax137
How did I not see this thread before!

Ohohoho. I will so wait for it.

But wait... what age are we talking about? What does it means by "preceding" the fellowship? Second age? Most of the story of that age is untold. If that is the case I hope they get good artists. The places should make you feel like you want to visit them.

If it is second age, I think we should get to see more areas of Gondor and more Gondorians. The Gondor land in the map is huge. If late second age, I want to see Dol Amroth. And once again. They better make a breathtaking artistic representation of it.

Now I'm excited to see what they will come up with.

What is the plot of Amazon's $1B Lord of the Rings TV Show?

The plot of Amazon's $1B Lord of the Rings TV Show has not been officially announced, but it is believed to be a prequel to the events of the Lord of the Rings books and movies. It will explore new storylines and characters in the world of Middle Earth.

When will Amazon's $1B Lord of the Rings TV Show be released?

There is currently no official release date for the show. Production is expected to begin in 2020, so it is likely that the show will not be released until 2021 or later.

Who will be starring in Amazon's $1B Lord of the Rings TV Show?

The cast for the show has not been officially announced, but it is rumored that the show will feature a diverse and international cast. It is also possible that some familiar characters from the Lord of the Rings books and movies will make appearances.

Will Amazon's $1B Lord of the Rings TV Show follow the same story as the books and movies?

No, the show will not be a direct adaptation of the books or movies. It will take place in the same world and time period, but will feature new storylines and characters.

How much will Amazon's $1B Lord of the Rings TV Show cost to produce?

The estimated cost for the show is $1 billion, making it one of the most expensive TV shows ever produced. This includes the cost of production, marketing, and rights to the source material.