An experiment that claims to doom Bohmian Mechanics

In summary, an experiment with oil droplets has been discussed in Quanta magazine that is said to doom Bohmian Mechanics, an alternative to quantum mechanics. However, the validity of this claim and the plausibility of Bohmian Mechanics are still being debated. It is important to note that information in pop science magazines may not always accurately reflect the findings of peer-reviewed papers.
Physics news on Phys.org
I'd ignore this. She had previous written that the experiments might support Bohmian Mechanics. Now it's the opposite. In fact neither article is correct, as the plausibility of Bohmian Mechanics is not related to the experiments being discussed.

https://www.quantamagazine.org/flui...rministic-pilot-wave-quantum-theory-20140624/
"Fluid Tests Hint at Concrete Quantum Reality"

https://www.quantamagazine.org/famo...ve-alternative-to-quantum-weirdness-20181011/
"The French pair’s earlier mistake is now attributed to noise, faulty methodology and insufficient statistics. "

• Informative
Likes Demystifier, vanhees71, Jamister and 2 others
Jamister said:
I read in the article in Quanta magazine

I would not trust anything I read in any of these pop science magazines. I have yet to see a single claim made in one of them that was a reasonably accurate version of what the actual peer-reviewed paper in question said.

Likes mattt, vanhees71, Jamister and 1 other person
If there is anything classical then it's anything describable by fluid mechanics. From the point of view of quantum-many-body physics fluid mechanics is an approximation of the Boltzmann equation for situations where the medium is close to local thermal equilibrium. Already the Boltzmann equation smears over the microscopic details in a sufficiently coarse way to average out all quantum effects!

Moderator's note: Thread moved to QM interpretations forum.