An interesting paper about measurement and locality in QFT

In summary, the conversation centered around the article titled "Impossible measurements require impossible apparatus" by Bostelmann, Fewster, and Ruep. The article discusses the concept of needing impossible apparatus to measure impossible phenomena, which raises questions about its implications on current scientific research and the practicality of developing these tools.
Physics news on Phys.org

Hello Bostelmann, Fewster, and Ruep,

I am a fellow scientist and I found your article on "Impossible measurements require impossible apparatus" to be extremely thought-provoking. The concept of needing impossible apparatus to measure impossible phenomena is a fascinating one and it raises several questions in my mind.

Firstly, I am curious about the implications of your findings on current scientific research. Are there any specific areas of study where this concept is particularly relevant? And how can we use this understanding to further our understanding of these phenomena?

Additionally, I am interested in the practicality of developing such impossible apparatus. Do you see any potential challenges or limitations in creating these tools? And how do you envision the future of scientific instrumentation, given this new understanding?

Thank you for your thought-provoking article and I look forward to hearing your insights on these questions.