Analogue telecommunications modulations - example

In summary, the task is to calculate the attenuation of a bandpass filter in order to transfer two telegraphic signals with frequencies f1 and f2, where f2=f1+120Hz. The filter in the first channel has an attenuation characteristic shown in image 3, while the filter in the second channel has the same shape but is shifted to the right by 120Hz. Due to the finite attenuation of the filter in the stop band, unwanted products of modulation can occur in the signal. The goal is to achieve a logarithmic ratio of 40dB between the median power of the entire signal and the median power of the parasitic components. The solution involves using amplitude, phase, and frequency modulations, and calculating the attenuation
etf
Here is my task (Basics of analogue telecommunications):

Block diagram of device for simultaneous transfer of two telegraphic signals u1(t) and u2(t) is shown on image 1. Both signals have waveform as periodioc signal um(t) on image 2. Frequencies f1 and f2 of carriers $$u_{01}(t)=U_0 cos(\omega_1 t)$$ and $$u_{02}(t)=U_0 cos(\omega_2 t)$$ are choosen so f2=f1+120Hz.
For good transfer of telegraphic signal through one channel it is enough to transfer components in range of 80Hz around frequency of carrier. For that purpose, bandpass filter in first channel has attenuation characteristic as in image 3. Characteristic of attenuation of filter in second channel has same shape, only it is shifted to right for 120Hz.
Because of finite attenuation of filter in stop band, signal u(t) contains unwanted products of modulation, some of which fall from one channel in bandpass of second channel. If condition is that logarithmic ratio of median power of whole signal and median power of parasitic components in one channel equals 40dB, calculate attenuation of filter, a[dB], in stop band.

enes.png

Any suggestion?
We are studying amplitude, phase and frequency modulations now. Although I'm familiar with basic concepts, I don't know how to apply it here.
I wrote signal um(t) in terms of Fourier series. x1(t) would be Fourier series of um(t) times carrier u01(t), and x2(t) would be Fourier series of um(t) times carrier u02(t).
Final result is a = 19.5 dB

Hello.
I didn't make any progress in solving this problem.

Fig 3 represents a bandpass filter, so we are told, meaning upwards represents greater attenuation. (I think I'd prefer it drawn upside down.) When your squarewave is filtered, some of its harmonics will lie outside its filter's passband yet within the finite attenuation region of the other signal's filter.

That's how I'd summarize the problem, as I read it.

1. What is analogue telecommunications modulation?

Analogue telecommunications modulation is a method of transmitting information through electrical signals by varying the characteristics of the signal, such as amplitude, frequency, or phase.

2. What are some examples of analogue telecommunications modulations?

Some examples of analogue telecommunications modulations include amplitude modulation (AM), frequency modulation (FM), and phase modulation (PM).

3. How does analogue telecommunications modulation work?

Analogue telecommunications modulation works by superimposing the information signal onto a carrier signal, which is then transmitted through a communication channel. The receiver then demodulates the signal to retrieve the original information.

4. What are the advantages of analogue telecommunications modulation?

Some advantages of analogue telecommunications modulation include its simplicity, low cost, and compatibility with existing communication systems.

5. What are the disadvantages of analogue telecommunications modulation?

Some disadvantages of analogue telecommunications modulation include susceptibility to noise and interference, limited bandwidth, and lower quality compared to digital modulation techniques.