Another reduction to Wrench

In summary, the conversation revolves around solving a problem involving forces and moments. The speaker shares their usual procedure for handling similar problems and asks for guidance on the next steps. They also mention feeling discouraged and seeking help.
Saladsamurai
This one is really discouraging me. It looks sooooo easy since the forces are each in one direction

Picture4.png

The way I have usually handled these as a procedure is: Find [itex]F_r[/itex] and then find [itex]M_r[/itex] about some point and then decompose [itex]M_r[/itex] into components that run parellel and perpendicular to [itex]F_r[/itex]. Then I can usually find P(x,y)

If I were to move everything to point A I would have:
[itex]F_r=500i+300j+800k[/itex]
And I would also have to find the couple Moments about A:
[itex]M_x_A=4(800)=3200[/itex]
[itex]M_y_A=0[/itex]
[itex]M_z_A=6(300)=1800[/itex]

I am just unsure where to go from here? Or is this all wrong altogether?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I have done this one over soooo many times. I am clearly missing a crucial conceptual point. ANY hints or criticism would help.

Well Good Morning!

1. What is "Another reduction to Wrench"?

Another reduction to Wrench is a scientific concept that refers to a specific method or approach used in experiments or research to simplify a complex system or problem into a more manageable form.

2. How does "Another reduction to Wrench" work?

The process of Another reduction to Wrench involves breaking down a complex system into smaller components or variables, which can then be studied or manipulated to gain a better understanding of the overall system.

3. What are the benefits of using "Another reduction to Wrench" in scientific research?

One of the main benefits of Another reduction to Wrench is that it allows scientists to focus on specific aspects of a complex system, which can lead to more precise and accurate results. It also helps to identify the most important factors or variables in a system, which can aid in the development of theories or models.

4. Are there any limitations to "Another reduction to Wrench"?

Yes, there are limitations to Another reduction to Wrench. In some cases, reducing a complex system too much can lead to oversimplification and overlook important factors or relationships. It also may not be applicable to all types of systems or problems.

5. How is "Another reduction to Wrench" different from other reduction methods?

Another reduction to Wrench differs from other reduction methods in that it specifically focuses on simplifying complex systems or problems, rather than simply reducing the number of variables. It also involves a systematic approach and may require multiple iterations to achieve the desired level of reduction.