Another way to find trig identities

In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of effective communication in the workplace. The participants discussed the importance of active listening, clear and concise messaging, and the use of non-verbal cues. They also highlighted the role of empathy and understanding in effective communication. Overall, the conversation emphasized the need for effective communication skills in building strong relationships and achieving success in a professional setting.
ChiralSuperfields
Homework Statement
Please see below
Relevant Equations
Please see below
Using the identity's
1678912539056.png

(1)
1678912560583.png

(2)
1678912570481.png

Gives,
1678912607008.png

Why dose this elegant method work?

Many thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum. This was meant to be for the precalculus forum.

Many thanks!

Are you asking about the connection between complex exponentials and sinusoidals? If so, you may find that this article addresses your question.

Likes ChiralSuperfields
Callumnc1 said:
Sorry, I posted in the wrong forum. This was meant to be for the precalculus forum.

Many thanks!
Thread locked. A related question is posted in the Precalc Homework section.

Likes ChiralSuperfields

1. What is the purpose of finding trigonometric identities?

Trigonometric identities are used to simplify and manipulate trigonometric expressions, making them easier to solve and understand. They are also used in various branches of mathematics, physics, and engineering.

2. How do I know which identities to use?

There is no specific rule for determining which identity to use. It often depends on the given expression and what you are trying to solve for. Familiarity with a variety of identities can be helpful in choosing the most appropriate one.

3. Can I prove trig identities?

Yes, trigonometric identities can be proven using algebraic manipulations and the fundamental definitions of trigonometric functions. However, some identities may be more challenging to prove than others.

4. What are the common strategies for finding trig identities?

Some common strategies include using Pythagorean identities, sum and difference formulas, double angle formulas, and converting trigonometric functions into their reciprocal or quotient forms.

5. Are there any tips for remembering trig identities?

Practice and familiarity are key to remembering trig identities. It can also be helpful to understand the underlying concepts and connections between different identities. Creating flashcards or using mnemonic devices can also aid in memorization.