Ansoft Maxwell -- shaping an interior electric motor rotor

In summary, the conversation discusses the process of shaping an interior PMSM rotor using equations, curves, and surfaces. The speaker encountered issues with intersecting bands and surfaces, which they were able to adjust. However, when validating the design, they received a warning message about the Eddy effect settings and an error message regarding the meshing process. The speaker is asking for advice on how to solve these issues and if there is another method for shaping the rotor. They also mention that G3d mesher problems are often caused by object intersections in 3D modeling.
Pinky K
upload_2015-2-14_7-57-13.png

upload_2015-2-14_7-57-42.png

For shaping an interior PMSM rotor from top figure to as in bottom fig, I made an equation based curve, united with another curve , made a surface using coverline and united that shape with my rotor.
upload_2015-2-14_8-8-57.png

When validated it showed band and rotor intersecting and I adjusted the band - DiaGap. Then there was problem with inner and outer surfaces. I adjusted them too. When I validated, got a warning message, "Eddy effect settings may need revisiting due to the recent changes in the design. The default value will be used for the object if the value is not specified". When analyzed, got an error "[warning] G3dMesher Warning - Found 3d objects in Maxwell2D. Model extents are lower left [-1.136000e+002 -4.085621e-014 -4.000000e-003] upper right [1.136000e+002 1.136000e+002 4.000000e-003]
[error] Unexpected error encountered in the meshing process.
[error] Simulation completed with execution error on server: Local Machine."
How can I solve this or is there any another method to shape the rotor.

Attachments

• upload_2015-2-14_7-56-25.png
    upload_2015-2-14_7-56-25.png
    11 KB · Views: 835
  • upload_2015-2-14_8-3-37.png
    upload_2015-2-14_8-3-37.png
    84 bytes · Views: 787
I have seen this lately, However, i would like to add that G3d mesher problems arise due to intersection of 2 objects. i have found such errors mostly in 3D Modeling.

1. What is Ansoft Maxwell?

Ansoft Maxwell is a software tool used for electromagnetic field simulation and analysis. It is commonly used in the design and development of electric motors, including interior electric motor rotors.

2. How does Ansoft Maxwell help with shaping an interior electric motor rotor?

Ansoft Maxwell allows engineers and scientists to simulate the electromagnetic field within an electric motor rotor, which is crucial in shaping the rotor for optimal performance. It can also analyze the effects of different rotor designs on motor efficiency and performance.

3. Can Ansoft Maxwell be used for other types of electric motors besides interior rotor motors?

Yes, Ansoft Maxwell can be used for various types of electric motors, including exterior rotor motors and linear motors. It is a versatile tool that can be applied to a wide range of electromagnetic field simulation needs.

4. How accurate are the results obtained from Ansoft Maxwell simulations?

The accuracy of the results depends on the quality of the input data and the complexity of the simulation. However, Ansoft Maxwell is known for its high accuracy and is widely used in the industry for motor design and analysis.

5. Is Ansoft Maxwell user-friendly for those without a strong background in electromagnetics?

Ansoft Maxwell has a user-friendly interface and provides various tutorials and resources for beginners. However, a basic understanding of electromagnetics is necessary to fully utilize the software's capabilities.