Anyone has the movie "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974)?

• Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, YouTube has the trailer for the movie, but other sites that are listed as sources are not reliable and might not have the full movie.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I watched this movie maybe four or five years back in school. I wanted to watch it again, but cannot find it anywhere. YouTube seems to have only the trailer. A Google search brings up some useless sites, and Chrome blocks most of them saying they are insecure.

Does anyone have a copy of the movie?

Physics news on Phys.org
Sorry, I've tried subtitled movie in spanish. It asks me for my credit card, though it says it's free. Haven't got a copy

Wrichik Basu said:
Does anyone have a copy of the movie?
Even though it's old, I'm pretty sure it is still covered by copyright. Do you have Netflix or other Internet movie services available?

I remember seeing "Murder on the Orient Express" 1974 on Turner Classic Movies channel (TCM) available on most 'extended' basic cable subscription packages in the States. The cast and direction by Sydney Lumet are stunning. If memory serves and Turner owns the movie, they should offer a DVD version.

My local library has it. They're closed because of COVID-19 but I can stream it from the library for free. If you bring popcorn I'll let you watch it through my front window. :-)

Netflix has it, apparently only in physical form. So you if you have Netflix and don't mind getting a DVD in the mail that would work. I'm sure you could buy a DVD from a retailer, probably from amazon.

Free on the internet elsewhere? Maybe not...

Likes berkeman
We don't condone violating US or International copyright law here so someone sending you copy would be out of the question.

There are places online where you can purchase or rent the movie for very reasonable price:
- Amazon
- Netflix
- Youtube

or any of the ones listed in the article below:

https://www.smartprix.com/bytes/top-5-netflix-alternative-in-india/

Having said that, we will now close this thread.

1. What is the plot of "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974)?

The plot of "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974) follows detective Hercule Poirot as he investigates a murder on a luxurious train ride from Istanbul to Paris. The victim, a wealthy businessman named Samuel Ratchett, is found dead in his compartment with multiple stab wounds. Poirot interviews the other passengers on the train, all of whom have motives for wanting Ratchett dead. As he unravels the mystery, Poirot must race against time to find the killer before the train reaches its final destination.

2. Who stars in "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974)?

The star-studded cast of "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974) includes Albert Finney as Hercule Poirot, Lauren Bacall as Mrs. Harriet Belinda Hubbard, Ingrid Bergman as Greta Ohlsson, Sean Connery as Colonel Arbuthnot, and Anthony Perkins as Hector McQueen. Other notable actors in the film include Vanessa Redgrave, Michael York, and Jacqueline Bisset.

3. Is "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974) based on a book?

Yes, "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974) is based on the novel of the same name by Agatha Christie. The book was first published in 1934 and has since become one of Christie's most popular and critically acclaimed works.

4. Who directed "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974)?

"Murder on the Orient Express" (1974) was directed by Sidney Lumet, an American filmmaker known for his work on acclaimed films such as "12 Angry Men" and "Dog Day Afternoon." Lumet received an Academy Award nomination for Best Director for his work on "Murder on the Orient Express."

5. Is "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974) available to stream or purchase online?

Yes, "Murder on the Orient Express" (1974) is available to stream on various platforms such as Amazon Prime Video, Google Play, and YouTube. It can also be purchased on DVD or Blu-ray. Additionally, a remake of the film was released in 2017, which is also available to stream and purchase.