Apollo moon landing remnants ?

In summary, a conversation about the moon landing hoax theory was discussed. The question was raised about whether any photographs have been taken of the equipment left behind on the moon, and if so, why haven't they been published to debunk the theory. It was pointed out that in 2009, photos were taken by the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter and can be found on the NASA website. However, it was also noted that those who believe in the hoax may dismiss these photos as fake as well. It was explained that the Hubble telescope would not be able to capture images of the equipment due to its distance from the moon, and that probes like the LRO are used for mapping the surface. It was also mentioned that some people may
jreelawg said:
I'm just saying that you aren't going to stump any MLH's with "why would they hoax it more than once?"

The apollo programs ended up costing an estimated 170 billion (2005) dollars. That's quite a motive. If your a MLH'er, and your looking for a motive, money would be a good one. If you consider this as a motive in your plot, then repeated hoaxes would fit. Maybe if you were creative about it, you could throw in some kind of ulterior military motive using the payload, and funding, for a black project. All in all, it would make for a good movie.

I see what you're saying. For a moment there, you had me thinking you were on the MLH camp.

$170B in 2005 dollars ? Cheap, compared to the multi billions / trillions farmed out of late.

Well, how do you suppose they get around the proposition that other countries, China and Russia in the main, would have had no motive to keep quite, and every motive to expose the 'fake' moon landings. After all, imagine what prestige THAT would have resulted in, for the country doing the exposing.

How do the MLH's get around that one ? Anyone know ?

PS - I have tried to find some answer to that myself, but haven't been able to, and see it as possibly the most glaring ommission in the MLH's story.

Physics news on Phys.org
Moon landing hoax theories are not discussed here.