Apple Juice : As American As Anthing Else Made In China

In summary: It's good for seasoning our food. In summary, the author discusses how American apple juice companies purchase exclusively from Chinese processors who are certified for safety by FDA. The author also mentions that Chinese imports are scrutinized for potential safety concerns, such as garlic from China.
edward
If there's one thing that gets me juiced ( there's actually a lot of things that do) it's that it's really hard to get apple juice anymore that doesn't come from concentrate shipped from China. All the major brands and most store brands use Chinese concentrate to make what I think most people would assume is an American drink.

http://www.walletpop.com/2009/03/12/apple-juice-as-american-as-anything-else-made-in-china/

I just happened to notice the words: Concentrate China in fine print on the bottle that I keep my humming bird nectar in. It is not on the paper label it is stamped in black letters close to the top of the plastic bottle. The link is the first hit I found on google.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A few media scares about the unhealthy quality of food from China makes the article's weariness to accept Chinese food imports expected. But what is wrong with Brazilian oranges?

tedbradly said:
A few media scares about the unhealthy quality of food from China makes the article's weariness to accept Chinese food imports expected. But what is wrong with Brazilian oranges?

Oranges and apples. I wish I had used a link that didn't mention the Brazilian oranges. So far as I know we haven't had any problems with imports from Brazil.

What growth stimulants were used on the Chinese apples?, What pesticides?

It made me think of the exploding watermelons.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110517/ap_on_fe_st/as_china_exploding_watermelons

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah I don't trust it. over the years I've seen too many chinese companies do whatever it takes to make a buck over the welfare of everything else.

Apparently the FDA has an Agreement with the equivalent of the Chinese FDA to insure the safety of how the juice is processed. What about how the apples are grown?
When it comes to concerns specific to Chinese imports, it is important to know that American apple juice companies purchase exclusively from Chinese processors who are certified for safety by FDA. FDA has an agreement with China´s Certification and Accreditation Administration to ensure that these certified facilities comply with U.S. regulations in making juice concentrate.

Additionally, juices are subject to a regulatory protection requirement that requires every juice processing facility to identify, control and document all critical steps of processing where contamination potentially could occur. This regulation also extends to foreign food processing facilities.

http://www.usapple.org/AppleJuiceSafety.html

I saw garlic in the grocery labeled from China. I recall hearing a http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=121125739" on NPR about money some young Chinese entrepreneurs made buying stockpiles of garlic using government loans and sitting on it until market goes high, then flip it and make a bundle $$$.

China also has some serious issues regarding http://www.pan-uk.org/pestnews/Issue/Pn34/pn34p18.htm" overuse (their own Silent Spring :bugeye: )..
That's another concern to think about when you drink that apple juice from concentrate.

I am glad we have our own garlic in the garden.

1. What is the main ingredient in apple juice?

The main ingredient in apple juice is, as the name suggests, apples. The juice is made by extracting the liquid from crushed apples and then filtering it to remove any pulp or solids.

2. Where is apple juice typically made?

Apple juice can be made in many different countries, but it is most commonly associated with production in the United States. However, nowadays, many apple juice products are actually made in China.

3. Is apple juice safe to drink if it is made in China?

Yes, apple juice made in China is generally safe to drink. The country has strict regulations and quality control measures in place for food and beverage production, including apple juice. Additionally, many major American brands of apple juice are actually produced in China, so it is likely that you have been consuming it without even realizing it.

4. How does apple juice made in China compare to American-made apple juice?

In terms of taste and quality, there should not be a noticeable difference between apple juice made in China and apple juice made in the United States. However, there may be some variations in production methods and ingredients used, depending on the specific brand and manufacturer.

5. Are there any health concerns with consuming apple juice made in China?

There have been some concerns raised about the safety of apple juice made in China due to the country's history of food safety issues. However, as mentioned before, there are regulations and quality control measures in place to ensure the safety of food and beverage products, including apple juice. It is always a good idea to check the ingredients and production information on the label of the apple juice you are consuming to make an informed decision about its safety and quality.