Appreciating Our Knowledgeable Forum Members

• Thread starter MikeeMiracle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thanks
In summary, the conversation discussed the appreciation for the helpful and knowledgeable members, admins, and moderators of a forum, compared to the disorganized and misinformation-filled Facebook groups. The speaker also shared their frustration with the lack of moderation and editing in certain publications, emphasizing the value of a forum like PF for obtaining accurate information.
MikeeMiracle
I'm feeling the need to thank the members of this forum for being so helpful and knowledgeable and for the admins and moderators who keep everything on track and relevant, it's an amazing learning resource.

I recently joined a number of Space Science related Facebook groups and they are a total mess with misinformation, personal opinion, people making stuff, people attempting to discredit science as it does not fit in with their religious views etc.

It makes me appreciate this forum so much more.

Thanks Everyone :)

• Love
Likes vanhees71, gentzen, pinball1970 and 19 others
Physics news on Phys.org
MikeeMiracle said:
Facebook groups
1622062498596.png

• Haha
Likes Ibix, hutchphd, DennisN and 2 others
Aside from a few dedicated hobby forums, I stay current by reading several major and a few local digital newspapers including representative moderated reader comments. I remain patient with responses to socio-political articles but lose patience with many responses to technology and science articles.

"Where are the moderators?", one wonders. How can a reputable source allow such drivel be published?

Then I come back to PF, restore sanity and some measure of reality, able to continue the task to remain informed.

@Klystron I agree w/ you. I've posted a number of times here on PF about inane "science" statements in seemingly reputable publications (e.g. Time Magazine) and the apparent utter lack of ANY kind of editing much less competent science editing.

I've already posted my opinion of Facebook groups.

Likes Klystron

1. What is the purpose of "Appreciating Our Knowledgeable Forum Members"?

The purpose of "Appreciating Our Knowledgeable Forum Members" is to acknowledge and recognize the valuable contributions made by forum members who share their knowledge and expertise with others. It is a way to show gratitude and appreciation for their efforts in helping to educate and inform others.

2. How are forum members chosen to be appreciated?

Forum members are chosen to be appreciated based on their active participation and valuable contributions to the forum. This can include sharing helpful information, providing insightful responses, and consistently engaging in productive discussions.

3. Can anyone nominate a forum member for appreciation?

Yes, anyone can nominate a forum member for appreciation by contacting the forum administrators or moderators. It is always encouraged to recognize and appreciate those who have made a positive impact on the forum community.

4. How does appreciating forum members benefit the forum community?

Appreciating forum members can benefit the forum community in several ways. It can create a positive and supportive environment, encourage others to actively participate and share their knowledge, and ultimately lead to a more informative and engaging forum for all members.

5. Is there a limit to how many forum members can be appreciated?

No, there is no limit to how many forum members can be appreciated. As long as they have made valuable contributions to the forum, they can be recognized and appreciated. However, it is important to ensure that all deserving members are acknowledged and appreciated equally.