APS Job Fairs 2005: Maximize Your Job Search

• Thread starter polyb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Job
In summary, Alix Brice from the American Institute of Physics is promoting the upcoming APS Job Fairs in March and April. These job fairs will have recruiters from various industries, academia and government conducting face-to-face interviews and collecting resumes. Non-attendees can also register and have their resumes included in the Resume Book. The past employers at these job fairs have included reputable companies such as Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Polar Services, Los Alamos National Lab, Brookhaven National Lab, and Lawrence Livermore National Lab. It is highly recommended to attend the meetings in person and not just submit a resume, as most employers prefer to interview candidates in person and evaluate their ability to communicate their work through oral presentations. It is
polyb
I just got this in my e-mail and thought I'd pass it along for those who are interested.

Dear Job Seeker,

Maximize your job search by attending an American Physical Society Job Fair this March and April. Recruiters from Industry, Academia and government will be collecting resumes and conducting face-to-face interviews. Whether you're looking for a job now or just looking for a networking tool, an APS Job Fair can be a critical tool for your job search success.

2005 APS March Meeting Job Fair
Monday, March 21-23
Los Angeles Convention Center
Los Angeles, CA

Meet with employers from all areas of Condensed Matter, Engineering, Materials Science, High Polymer, Chemical, Biophysics, Fluid Dynamics, Laser Science, Computational, Atomic, Molecular and Optical, Semiconductor and more.
Register today at
https://www.aip.org/forms/candreg_apsapril05.html .

2005 APS April Meeting Job Fair
Sunday, April 17-18
Marriott Waterside Hotel
Tampa, Florida

Meet with employers from all areas of Nuclear, Particles and Fields, Astrophysics, Chemical, Beams, Plasma and Computational Physics.

Register today at https://www.aip.org/forms/candreg_apsapril05.html .

Past employers include such companies as Northrop Grumman, Raytheon Polar Services, Los Alamos National Lab, Brookhaven National Lab, and Lawrence Livermore National Lab.

If you can not attend, you can still register as a non-attendee so that your resume can be included in the Resume Book which gets distributed to all participating employers.

Alix Brice
American Institute of Physics
Career Network Division
One Physics Ellipse
College Park, MD 20740
301-209-3187
www.aip.org/careersvc[/URL]
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Take note that this "job fair" goes on at EVERY APS March and April Meetings, not just this year. I would also strongly suggest that you attend the meetings in person and not just submit your resume. Most who are looking to hire would prefer that you are there in person so that they can interview you there, and that you are also giving an oral presentation at one of the sessions so that they can evaluate your ability to communicate your work. This automatically means that (i) you have to be an APS member (or affiliate member) (ii) that you are registered to attend that meeting.

... but then again, if you are already an APS member, you would have received the e-mail distribution in the first place.

Job fairs such as this often occur at most large physics conferences. So that's one more incentive to try to attend some of those.

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
This automatically means that (i) you have to be an APS member (or affiliate member) (ii) that you are registered to attend that meeting.

Just want to add that it's not too late to do either (even for the March Meeting).

For students, the APS membership fee is $27 and the registration fee is $80. While the early registration deadline has passed, I think late registration involves only another $10 or so (for student members), and this can be done even at location.

Last edited:

1. What is the purpose of APS Job Fairs 2005?

The purpose of APS Job Fairs 2005 is to provide job seekers with a platform to connect with potential employers and maximize their job search efforts. It is a great opportunity for individuals to network, explore job opportunities, and learn about different industries and companies.

2. When and where will APS Job Fairs 2005 take place?

APS Job Fairs 2005 will take place on various dates and locations across the country. It is best to visit the official APS website or contact your local APS chapter for specific details on the dates and locations of the job fairs.

3. Who can attend APS Job Fairs 2005?

APS Job Fairs 2005 is open to anyone who is looking for a job, whether they are a recent graduate, experienced professional, or someone looking for a career change. However, it is recommended that individuals interested in attending have a background in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM).

4. Is there a cost to attend APS Job Fairs 2005?

No, there is no cost to attend APS Job Fairs 2005. However, some job fairs may require pre-registration or have limited space, so it is best to check the official APS website or contact your local APS chapter for more information.

5. What can I expect at APS Job Fairs 2005?

At APS Job Fairs 2005, you can expect to meet and network with a variety of employers from different industries and learn about job opportunities. There may also be workshops and presentations on topics such as resume building, interview tips, and industry trends. It is recommended to bring copies of your resume and dress professionally.