Should I Apply for APS Student Ambassadorship with Only 11 Months Left in My Degree?

• Physics
  • Thread starter warhammer
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Student
In summary, the conversation discusses a 3rd year physics student who wishes to apply for APS Student Ambassadorship but is unsure if they are eligible due to having only 11 months of studies remaining. It is suggested that they contact the APS for clarification on their eligibility.
warhammer
Hi. I am currently a 3rd (Final) Year Physics Student. The degree in my country is of three years and I will be graduating after a period of 11 months from now.

I wish to apply for APS Student Ambassadorship. However the stipulations on the form state that I must have atleast an year of studies remaining when I make the application. Since in my case the remaining period is of 11 months should I even apply for it? I mean will my application be even considered and is it worth applying?

I request you all to guide me and share your thoughts on the same

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps you should contact the APS and ask them.

Yes. The above is the only suitable response. Only APS can tell you whether you are or are not eligible..

Agreed, you should contact the APS. But you should be prepared for an unfavorable answer, as they say they want 12 months remaining and you say you have 11.

11 or 12 months; is the difference small enough or is absolutely 12 months the minimum (is what you'll need to ask)? Why let one-month difference stop you?

There's really no point in further speculative responses. Unless there is a member here who coincidentally works for APS, and is willing to state for the record on this public forum the official position of the APS on this issue, we should simply advise the OP to contact the APS, without further comment.

1. What is APS Student Ambassadorship?

APS Student Ambassadorship is a program organized by the American Physical Society (APS) to empower undergraduate and graduate students to become advocates for physics and science in their communities. It provides opportunities for students to engage in outreach, networking, and professional development activities.

2. Who can become an APS Student Ambassador?

Any undergraduate or graduate student who is a member of the APS can apply to become an APS Student Ambassador. However, preference is given to students who have a strong interest in science outreach, advocacy, and leadership.

3. What are the benefits of being an APS Student Ambassador?

The benefits of being an APS Student Ambassador include gaining leadership skills, networking with other students and professionals in the field of physics, participating in science outreach events, and receiving recognition from the APS for your contributions to the community.

4. How can I apply to become an APS Student Ambassador?

To apply for the APS Student Ambassadorship program, you must complete an online application form on the APS website. The application typically requires basic personal information, a statement of interest, and a letter of recommendation from a faculty member or supervisor.

5. What are some examples of activities that APS Student Ambassadors participate in?

APS Student Ambassadors participate in a variety of activities, including organizing and hosting outreach events at local schools and community centers, representing the APS at conferences and meetings, and advocating for science policy and funding. They also have the opportunity to collaborate with other ambassadors and organizations to develop and implement new initiatives.