Are dreams a connection to the multiverse?

In summary, the multiverse is a theoretical concept that suggests the existence of multiple parallel universes beyond our own. While there is no scientific evidence for a direct connection between dreams and the multiverse, some theories propose that dreams may be a way for our subconscious minds to explore different dimensions within the multiverse. However, there is no scientific proof that we can access the multiverse through our dreams, and it is not possible to determine if all dreams are a connection to the multiverse. Currently, there is no scientific method for studying the connection between dreams and the multiverse, but researchers continue to explore this concept through theoretical studies and experiments.
jdrozzi
How did you find PF?
Google
Is it possible that when you dream, you are actually traveling through different realities, and going into the consciousness in another reality?

This seems to explain how our dreams can be similar to what we preceive as our "actual" reality, or drastically different.

You can also tie this into why you don't feel like your normal self at times, as in those moments you know something is off or different but you cannot figure it out.

our prospectives on our realities are constantly changing, so seems possible to me this could be a deeper understanding, or simply different reason than what we currently can prove effects perceptions. as in chemicals, or traumatic experiences can change our perception.

Physics news on Phys.org
Please, let's keep these forums serious.. and sober.

Likes russ_watters and topsquark
🤣 I'm both serious and sober, however I am searching for a deeper understanding. Regardless If you see the potential in this or not it's an idea, many things we consider to be scientific now, were sudoscience or viewed as crazy ideas and also mocked.

when we dismiss ideas without considerable thought, we are placing a limit what we may learn.

jdrozzi said:
🤣 I'm both serious and sober, however I am searching for a deeper understanding. Regardless If you see the potential in this or not it's an idea, many things we consider to be scientific now, were sudoscience or viewed as crazy ideas and also mocked.

when we dismiss ideas without considerable thought, we are placing a limit what we may learn.
There are several serious hypothesis about dreams, just do a wikiwalk. Thruth is noone really know, but come on? Multiversal astral projection?! Seriously? :P

So in every other universe lightswitches and digital clocks dont work? ;)

Likes russ_watters, topsquark and jdrozzi
jdrozzi said:
when we dismiss ideas without considerable thought

When we throw ideas without considerable thought we waste our (and not only) time. Basically, talking about "different realities" has no basis in anything.

Anyways, welcome in PF :smile:

Likes russ_watters and topsquark
This thread is like a bad dream. Hopefully, when I wake up it will be gone!

• Haha
Likes berkeman and topsquark
sbrothy said:
There are several serious hypothesis about dreams, just do a wikiwalk. Thruth is noone really know, but come on? Multiversal astral projection?! Seriously? :P

So in every other universe lightswitches and digital clocks dont work? ;)
Really I was bored and lost in thought, so figured engage mentally with someone. I appreciate your feedback. IF or WHEN we have substantial proof of string theory and it becomes actual science, then this won't be a wild or strange idea, instead it will just be part of an infinite amount of infinite possibilities, so I'd say yes, there is most definitely atleast 1 universe where light switches and digital clocks don't work 😉

weirdoguy said:
When we throw ideas without considerable thought we waste our (and not only) time. Basically, talking about "different realities" has no basis in anything.

Anyways, welcome in PF :smile:
This is also very true, I fully grasp how someone can see it as a waste of time, if it doesn't meet the criteria they consider to be important or entertaining. I wasn't expecting to spread or gain any special wisdom, however I find entertainment in the concept of it all.
Thanks for taking you time to respond 🙂

jdrozzi said:
Really I was bored and lost in thought, so figured engage mentally with someone. I appreciate your feedback. IF or WHEN we have substantial proof of string theory and it becomes actual science, then this won't be a wild or strange idea, instead it will just be part of an infinite amount of infinite possibilities, so I'd say yes, there is most definitely atleast 1 universe where light switches and digital clocks don't work 😉
Welcome. Be careful with the speculating though. The ppl and the rules are brutally averse to the thing in general. Just FYI. :)

Likes topsquark and jdrozzi
Why stop at dreams?

Any ideas about having coffee grounds being based on some multiverse-messup?:doh:
So finally we could take all that mumbo-jumbo about fortune telling seriously? :partytime:

jdrozzi said:
Is it possible that when you dream, you are actually traveling through different realities, and going into the consciousness in another reality?
There is zero evidence to be the case, and Occam's razor would have us believe that dreaming is just the brain doing what the brain does (cf. imagination).

Thread closed.

Likes russ_watters, Bystander, topsquark and 2 others

1. What is the multiverse?

The multiverse is a theoretical concept in physics and cosmology that suggests the existence of multiple parallel universes or dimensions beyond our own. It is based on the idea that there may be an infinite number of universes with different physical laws and properties.

2. How are dreams connected to the multiverse?

There is currently no scientific evidence to support a direct connection between dreams and the multiverse. However, some theories suggest that dreams may be a way for our subconscious minds to explore different realities or dimensions within the multiverse.

3. Can we access the multiverse through our dreams?

There is no scientific proof that we can access the multiverse through our dreams. While some people claim to have had experiences of astral projection or lucid dreaming, these phenomena have not been scientifically proven to be a means of accessing the multiverse.

4. Are all dreams a connection to the multiverse?

It is not currently possible to determine if all dreams are a connection to the multiverse. Dreams can have a variety of causes and meanings, and there is no scientific evidence to suggest that all dreams are linked to the multiverse.

5. How can we study the connection between dreams and the multiverse?

At this time, there is no scientific method for studying the connection between dreams and the multiverse. However, researchers continue to explore the concept of the multiverse and its potential connections to consciousness and dreaming through theoretical studies and experiments.