Are there any meet-up groups in California, USA?

In summary, there are a few ways to find meet-up groups in California, such as searching online on websites like Meetup.com, Eventbrite, and Facebook. There are also specific meet-up groups for scientists in California, and to join a group, you can visit their website or attend an event. Many meet-up groups in California are free to join, and it is possible to start your own group by reaching out to existing groups or creating your own events.
iVenky
I live in the California Bay Area. Wondering if there are meet-up groups for meeting people in this forum.

Physics news on Phys.org
I've not heard of any meetup groups for PF anywhere.

We tend to discuss things online only.

1. Is there a central website or directory for meet-up groups in California?

Yes, there is a website called Meetup.com which serves as a directory for various meet-up groups in California and other areas.

2. Are there any specific meet-up groups for a particular interest or hobby in California?

Yes, there are numerous meet-up groups in California that cater to specific interests and hobbies such as hiking, photography, book clubs, and more. You can search for these groups on Meetup.com.

3. How can I join a meet-up group in California?

To join a meet-up group in California, you can visit the group's page on Meetup.com and click on the "Join us" button. You may need to create a free account on the website if you don't already have one.

4. Are there any fees involved in joining a meet-up group in California?

It depends on the specific meet-up group. Some groups may have a small membership fee to cover the cost of organizing events, while others may be completely free to join. You can usually find this information on the group's page on Meetup.com.

5. Can I create my own meet-up group in California?

Yes, you can create your own meet-up group on Meetup.com for any interest or hobby you have. However, there may be a small fee for organizing events and managing the group. You can find more information on the website.