Are These Dentists Responsible for Ruining My Teeth with Their Homemade Candies?

• Thread starter lonton
  • Start date
In summary, this story is about a man who is losing teeth due to the use of a new type of candy, and is unhappy with the response he has received from the dentists.
lonton
This is a story about me, I post to ask for advice if you could offer whether or not I am right to shoot these buttmen down.

A couple of years ago, when I was jogging up and down the little hill near my house, I met a couple of dentists who introduced me their newly home made candies which can help prevent tooth decay. I ate all of them cheerfully and when times passed by, I discovered that those candies gradually took away all of calcium covering my teeth. No matter how much advice I had by other doctors I visited, my teeth now get really bad. I lost almost all of them, only one or two on the lower right jaw.
I once called them to inform my situation, but their secretary excused for being absent, busy on business trips with million dollar plans and they could not be reached within a few months. I threatened to bring this to court naively thinking that they would change their mind to make up for the ruins of my teeth. But silence still is gold. I ran to their villa and through the windows, I saw the husband eating hamburgers drinking coconut juices. I wish I had had a pliers on hands and could have jumped in right at the guy to pull out one by one of his tooth. I ran home and phoned his home to only hear of the recorded message "We are currently in Singapore, leave a messige and I will call you later". I said "Arsehole! I know you were there, pick up the darn phone and answer me!". The telephone then just beeped. Now if I call the cops, where is the evidence that the candies were from them ?
The worst thing you might (not) know is that I have been having to stand in front of a lot of people excusing for my loss of teeth that causes my bad pronunciation since no body did facking understand what I was talking about.

Physics news on Phys.org
Add me to the list.

I sympathize, though. I'm constantly fending off those gangs of dentists I encounter on my daily runs.

Dentists don't have nets. Those aren't dentists.

Try to brush your teeth (with only one or two left it won't take long), perhaps you still have remnants of the candies sticked somewhere and they speed up calcium leaching.

I used to get offered cocaine quite frequently when walking around town. The dealers told me it'd make me feel reeeally good.

brewnog said:
I used to get offered cocaine quite frequently when walking around town. The dealers told me it'd make me feel reeeally good.

Those dentists!

Dentists are evil! I call mine 22 times a day to remind her of this.

hypatia said:
Dentists are evil! I call mine 22 times a day to remind her of this.

You're an anti-dentite!

lonton said:
I discovered that those candies gradually took away all of calcium covering my teeth.

How did you make that determination?

brewnog said:

I had an evil ENT [ear, nose, and throat doctor] slip me some cocaine once. I didn't realize what he had sprayed up my nose until I was driving home and started noticing that I had a really beautiful car, and it was a really beautiful day, and life is wonderful... When I got to "I love my job", I knew something was very wrong.

You know who is responsible for astro-turf?

Dentists

Come to think of it, my dentist once kidnapped my whole family and shot my dog.

Dentists are evil I tell you!

(Hoping my dentist doesn't read this forum)

Dentists were first to combine cranberries and turkey :yuck: .

Right, they advise to use cranberries with anything.

Andre said:
Right, they advise to use cranberries with anything.

Its all far sicker then I had imagined.

1. What types of candies could potentially ruin my teeth?

Homemade candies can come in a variety of forms and flavors, but some of the most common types that can damage teeth include hard candies, sticky candies, and sour candies.

2. How do these homemade candies damage teeth?

Homemade candies can damage teeth in several ways. Hard candies can cause chipping or cracking of teeth if bitten down on too hard. Sticky candies can get stuck in between teeth and cause decay if not properly brushed or flossed. Sour candies can contain high levels of acidity, which can erode tooth enamel.

3. Are these homemade candies worse for my teeth than store-bought candies?

It depends on the ingredients and how they are made. Store-bought candies often contain added sugars and artificial ingredients that can also be harmful to teeth. However, homemade candies may not undergo the same safety and quality control processes as store-bought candies, so they may contain higher levels of harmful ingredients.

4. Can these homemade candies lead to other dental problems?

Yes, consuming large amounts of homemade candies can lead to other dental problems besides tooth decay. For example, if a candy is too hard, it can cause damage to the jaw joint or existing dental work. Additionally, if a candy is too sticky, it can pull off dental fillings or crowns.

5. What can I do to protect my teeth from homemade candies?

The best way to protect your teeth from homemade candies is to limit your consumption of them. If you do choose to indulge, make sure to practice good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly. You can also try to opt for healthier homemade candy options, such as those made with natural sweeteners or sugar-free alternatives.