Auto Loan, Cash Back, Pay Off Instantly - Recommendation

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of finding an auto loan provider that offers cash back and allows for immediate payment to save money. The loan provider would provide a lower loan amount due to the cash back offer, resulting in overall savings compared to paying in full with cash. However, this type of loan may be difficult to find and may still have fees or interest involved. It is suggested to research online for potential loans and rebates, but to keep in mind that there is no free lunch and these loans are structured to make money.
YoshiMoshi
Can anyone recommend a auto loan provider, that gives me cash back, that I can then pay off instantly, and get out ahead to save money?

Example, loan provider X, will give me $1,000 cash back to attract me to choosing them for financing, So if I were to purchase a $15,000 vehicle, the loan provider would provide me with a $14,000 loan ($15,000 - $1,000) because of the $1,000 cash back.

I then pay it off instantly with cash after getting the vehicle, so I pay no interest, resulting in a overall less cost ($14,000). As opposed to paying straight cash, $15,000.

Such a loan would have to have a no early pay off fee. And the cash back bonus would have be less than the financing fees. Most loan providers provide a fee for financing to setup the loan (separate from interest).

Physics news on Phys.org
Many car dealerships offer cash back offers on select cars so you can get that outside of the loan and then pay the loan off at your convenience. This is why you may not be able to find this kind of loan anywhere.

More on these practices here

https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/how-to-use-new-car-incentives-and-rebates.html

Google is your friend, search the web for possible loans and rebates for cars. Remember there is no free lunch here, these loans are structured to make money from you either by processing fees or actual interest paid.

As we are a science, technology and mathematics forum, this probably isn’t the best place to ask this question and as it may attract spam posts we are keeping the thread closed.

1. What is an auto loan?

An auto loan is a type of loan that is used to purchase a vehicle. It is a secured loan, meaning the vehicle itself serves as collateral for the loan. The borrower is required to make monthly payments, typically over a period of 3-7 years, until the loan is paid off.

2. What is cash back when it comes to auto loans?

Cash back refers to a type of incentive offered by some lenders when taking out an auto loan. Essentially, the lender will give the borrower a certain amount of cash back, typically a percentage of the loan amount, as a reward for taking out the loan with them. This can be a helpful way to offset some of the costs associated with purchasing a vehicle.

3. How can I pay off my auto loan instantly?

You can pay off your auto loan instantly by making a lump sum payment towards the remaining balance. This can be done by transferring funds from your savings or checking account, or by using a credit card. However, it's important to note that some lenders may charge a prepayment penalty for paying off a loan early, so be sure to check with your lender before making a large payment.

4. Is it recommended to pay off my auto loan instantly?

It depends on your individual financial situation. If you have the means to pay off your auto loan instantly without causing any financial strain, it may be a good idea to do so. This can help you save on interest payments and potentially improve your credit score. However, if paying off the loan would leave you with little to no savings, it may be better to continue making monthly payments until the loan term is up.

5. What should I consider when choosing an auto loan with cash back?

When considering an auto loan with cash back, it's important to look at the overall terms and conditions of the loan. Pay attention to the interest rate, loan term, and any additional fees or penalties. Also, consider the amount of cash back being offered and how it compares to the total cost of the loan. It may also be helpful to shop around and compare offers from different lenders to find the best deal for your specific financial situation.