Automated sample extraction from oven?

In summary, the speaker is new and asking for assistance in finding examples of automated sample extraction from a laboratory oven for mechanical properties testing. They specifically mention needing inspiration for an automation project involving split-Hopkinson pressure bar testing with hot samples and have access to academic journals. Despite trying to use Google, they have not been successful and are hoping for answers from the community. They also mention not being fluent in engineering English.
MarcinK
Hi, I’m new here and come to ask you for some help.

I would like to ask you to give me a few examples of automated sample extraction from laboratory oven for mechanical properties testing. It could be in form of scientific articles, videos or anything else, where something like that might be described (or links to it). I’m currently working on automation of split-Hopkinson pressure bar test using hot samples, and need something for inspiration. I have academical access to many scientific journals so that should not be a problem. I've already tried to google it, but with no result.

Thank you in advance for any answers. I’m not fluent in engineering English so I hope I could be fully understood.

Engineering news on Phys.org
MarcinK said:
Hi, I’m new here and come to ask you for some help.

I would like to ask you to give me a few examples of automated sample extraction from laboratory oven for mechanical properties testing. It could be in form of scientific articles, videos or anything else, where something like that might be described (or links to it). I’m currently working on automation of split-Hopkinson pressure bar test using hot samples, and need something for inspiration. I have academical access to many scientific journals so that should not be a problem. I've already tried to google it, but with no result.

Thank you in advance for any answers. I’m not fluent in engineering English so I hope I could be fully understood.

Welcome to the PF, and your English is fine! :smile:

Did you also try Google Images when you were searching? I've found that using Google Images helps me to find things like this much quicker...

1. What is automated sample extraction from oven?

Automated sample extraction from oven is a process that uses robotics and software to extract samples from an oven without human intervention. This is commonly used in laboratory and industrial settings to increase efficiency and accuracy.

2. How does automated sample extraction from oven work?

Automated sample extraction from oven typically involves a robotic arm that is programmed to move and manipulate objects, such as sample containers, within the oven. The arm is controlled by software that allows for precise movements and extraction of samples according to predetermined protocols.

3. What are the benefits of automated sample extraction from oven?

The benefits of automated sample extraction from oven include increased efficiency, reduced risk of human error, and improved accuracy and precision. It also allows for the processing of larger quantities of samples in a shorter amount of time, which can be especially useful in high-throughput environments.

4. What types of samples can be extracted using automated sample extraction from oven?

Automated sample extraction from oven can be used for a wide range of samples, including liquids, solids, and gases. It can also be used for samples of various sizes and shapes, making it a versatile tool for many different types of experiments and analyses.

5. Are there any limitations or drawbacks to automated sample extraction from oven?

One potential limitation of automated sample extraction from oven is the initial cost of setting up the equipment and software. It may also require specialized training to operate and maintain the system. Additionally, certain types of samples may not be compatible with this method, such as delicate or highly viscous samples.