Automatic Lid Opener for a Lifting Box

In summary, the speaker is asking for a solution to lift and open a box on a wood table. The lifting should be fast at approximately 90mm/s and the door opening should be frictionless. Additional information on the contraption's visibility and dimensions may be needed for a proper solution.
shabab
TL;DR Summary
I am new to making mechanical stuffs. I need to create a lifting box which opens its lid while lifting up. I am using a Linear actuator to lift the box. But i am not getting a proper solution on how to open the lid smoothly whole the box is lifted up. Can i get some sugessions.
Please find the attached drawing showing detail of my requirement. I need to lift a box on a wood table, which opens its lid while its lifted. I am able to make the box lifts upwards. Now my requirement is to get a proper solution to smoothly open the lid whole the box is lifted. The lifting will be fast with approx 90mm/s. So the door open solution should be friction less. Can someone please suggest me the best method to get this done. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Lid Opener-Layout2.jpg
    Lid Opener-Layout2.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 330
  • Lid Opener-Layout2.pdf
    167.2 KB · Views: 275
Engineering news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF. :smile:

What is a lifting box? I'm not understanding the drawings so far... Thanks.

Hello Shabab, ##\qquad## :welcome: ##\qquad## !

I think your requirements might need some additions: can there be brackets or a lever, gears, a wire, etc. showing ? Or must the contraption remain invisible ?

Also, your box rises 8 cm according to the drawing (if I assume dimensions are in mm), so it has to open in 0.9 s !

Likes berkeman

1. How does the automatic lid opener work?

The automatic lid opener uses sensors and motors to detect the presence of a box and lift the lid open. The sensors detect the weight and size of the box, and the motors use a lifting mechanism to open the lid.

2. Can the automatic lid opener be adjusted for different box sizes?

Yes, the automatic lid opener can be adjusted to accommodate different box sizes. The sensors and motors can be calibrated to detect and lift boxes of various weights and dimensions.

3. Is the automatic lid opener easy to install?

Yes, the automatic lid opener is designed to be easy to install. It can be attached to most types of boxes and does not require any special tools or equipment.

4. Can the automatic lid opener be used with any type of box?

The automatic lid opener is designed to work with most types of boxes, including cardboard, plastic, and metal boxes. However, it may not be suitable for extremely heavy or irregularly shaped boxes.

5. Is the automatic lid opener safe to use?

Yes, the automatic lid opener is designed with safety in mind. It is equipped with safety features such as sensors to prevent the lid from closing on objects or fingers, and it can be easily disabled if needed.