Awesome free way to learn physics through experiments

In summary, Arvind Gupta has created hundreds, if not thousands, of experiments to teach various physics topics. These experiments can be found on his website, where they are categorized and many have accompanying YouTube demonstrations. Gupta has visited over 2,000 schools, from village to Ivy League, and has seen the excitement and joy in children's eyes as they engage in hands-on learning. He believes that children have a natural desire to create and learn, and he strives to inspire and foster this curiosity through his work.
trickybilly
There are 100s if not 1000s of experiments that teach many physics topics. Learn physics by experimenting. Just choose a category from the many. Most of the experiments have a Youtube demonstration too (when scrolling down click "one minute film".
http://www.arvindguptatoys.com/toys-from-trash.php

Last edited:
Likes OmCheeto, berkeman and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
Wow...

I would love to meet him one day.

Arvind Gupta: Turning trash into toys for learning

...Well since then, I just thought that I've been really privileged to go to over 2,000 schools in my country — village schools, government schools, municipal schools, Ivy League schools — I've been invited by most of them. And every time I go to a school, I see a gleam in the eyes of the children. I see hope. I see happiness in their faces. Children want to make things. Children want to do things. ...​

I guess, I'm just a child.

1. What kind of experiments can I do to learn physics for free?

There are many experiments you can do to learn physics for free, such as creating a simple pendulum to study motion and gravity, building a simple electric circuit to understand electricity, or conducting a Galileo's ramp experiment to learn about acceleration and force. You can find a wide variety of experiments online or in physics textbooks.

2. Do I need expensive equipment to do these experiments?

No, you do not need expensive equipment to do these experiments. Most of the materials needed can be found at home or can be easily purchased at a low cost. You can also improvise with everyday items to conduct the experiments.

3. Can I learn physics through experiments without any prior knowledge?

Yes, you can learn physics through experiments even if you have no prior knowledge. The experiments are designed to teach the fundamental concepts of physics and can be easily understood by anyone with basic math skills.

4. How can I ensure the accuracy of my experiments?

To ensure accuracy, it is important to carefully follow the instructions provided for each experiment and to use precise measurements. It is also helpful to repeat the experiment multiple times and compare the results to ensure consistency.

5. Are there any online resources for learning physics through experiments?

Yes, there are many online resources available for learning physics through experiments. You can find websites, videos, and apps that provide step-by-step instructions for various experiments. Some universities also offer free online courses that include hands-on experiments as part of the curriculum.