Axial flux motor core loss model simulation

yashp
Thread moved from the technical forums to the schoolwork forums
Hello,
I'm a student, working on project related to electric motor. Currently I'm trying to simulate a 350W power axial flux motor on Ansys Maxwell 3D. Until now I have been able to get BEMF of motor, further I'm trying to find losses in motor like core losses & copper losses. The core loss data is only available at 50 & 60 Hz for the material I chose for core but the motor will be operating at 500-600 Hz. So can anyone help me out how should I proceed to get core losses & copper losses of motor in Ansys Maxwell 3D software.

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF.

Can you show us what you have done so far? You can upload PDF or JPEG screenshots of your work using the "Attach files" link below the Edit window. Thanks.

1. How does the axial flux motor core loss model simulation work?

The axial flux motor core loss model simulation works by using mathematical equations to calculate the energy losses in the motor core due to hysteresis and eddy current effects. These losses are then used to optimize the design of the motor for maximum efficiency.

2. What are the key components of the axial flux motor core loss model simulation?

The key components of the axial flux motor core loss model simulation include the core material properties, operating conditions, and geometric dimensions of the motor. These factors are used to accurately predict the core losses in the motor under various load conditions.

3. How accurate is the axial flux motor core loss model simulation?

The accuracy of the axial flux motor core loss model simulation depends on the quality of the input data and the complexity of the mathematical model used. With proper calibration and validation, the simulation can provide accurate predictions of core losses in the motor.

4. What are the benefits of using the axial flux motor core loss model simulation?

Using the axial flux motor core loss model simulation allows engineers to optimize the design of the motor for maximum efficiency and performance. By accurately predicting core losses, designers can make informed decisions to improve the overall efficiency of the motor.

5. Are there any limitations to the axial flux motor core loss model simulation?

One limitation of the axial flux motor core loss model simulation is that it relies on simplifying assumptions and empirical data to predict core losses. As a result, the accuracy of the simulation may be limited by the complexity of the motor design and operating conditions.