Bachelor of Science for a career in commercial space technology and business

In summary, the individual wants to pursue a career in commercial space technology and business and has already started a second bachelors in aeronautics at the age of 30. They are about to complete their first bachelor's in aeronautical science and are unsure of what to do next in order to work in the aerospace rocket industry. They are considering applying for companies like SpaceX and have management experience, coding skills, and some experience working with rockets through local clubs. They are specifically interested in Rocket Guidance Navigation and Control and would like to start an enterprise in this field. The suggestion is made to broaden their interests to include autonomous drones, which would provide more opportunities for application.
aerotxm
Summary:: I would like to get a career in commercial space technology and business and that is why i started my 2nd bachelors in aeronautics at the age of 30 three years early. I am about to complete my bachelors in aeronautical science from Embry riddles world wide. I don't know what next to get a hands on in order to work in aerospace rocket industry.

Yes it all sounds exciting to apply for spacex, or others. But I am just a a guy with management experience just started coding and may end up getting my private license, some python experience and some rocket lab experience in joining the local rocket clubs. I am really interested in Rocket Guidance Navigation and control and would like to venture and build an enterprise that would help the commercial space industry for small and long rand rockets, transport vehicle and or other orbital GNV. What should I Do next.
Thank you
Aero Txm

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
If you broaden your interest to include autonomous drones, you will vastly increase the application possibilities. Rockets are for a few huge government/private programs, but drones will be everywhere, produced by everyone.

1. What is a Bachelor of Science degree in commercial space technology and business?

A Bachelor of Science degree in commercial space technology and business is an undergraduate degree program that combines the fields of space technology and business management. It prepares students for careers in the commercial space industry, where they will use their knowledge of science and business to develop and manage space projects and companies.

2. What types of courses are typically included in this degree program?

This degree program typically includes courses in space science, engineering, economics, marketing, finance, and project management. Students will also have the opportunity to take specialized courses in areas such as satellite design, space law, and space policy.

3. What skills will I gain from pursuing this degree?

Students who pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in commercial space technology and business will gain a combination of technical skills in space technology and business skills such as project management, strategic planning, and financial analysis. They will also develop critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills.

4. What career opportunities are available with this degree?

Graduates with a Bachelor of Science degree in commercial space technology and business can pursue various careers in the commercial space industry, including roles in project management, business development, marketing, finance, and operations. They may also work for government agencies, research institutions, or consulting firms that focus on space technology and business.

5. Is this degree program a good fit for someone with no prior experience in space technology or business?

Yes, this degree program is suitable for students with no prior experience in space technology or business. It is designed to provide a strong foundation in both fields, so students with a passion for space and an interest in business can gain the necessary knowledge and skills to pursue a career in the commercial space industry.