Bad Parenting Effects: Impact on Psychology & Future

• Thread starter theoristo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Effects
In summary, the conversation is about the impact of a violent upbringing and bad parenting on one's psychology and future, and recommendations for manga and physics reading. The person speaking is a 17-year-old who enjoys manga and physics, and is advised to enjoy life and not dwell on past wounds. They also discuss their current reading material and interests.
theoristo
I've been pretty much subject to a wide range of miseduction and bad parenting...variant degrees of Physical violence since the age of two or so(pretty common since I live in a third world country)...subject to indoctrination and misinformation(concerning evolution or history for exemple which is also common in this country) ,discouragement to question anything or anyone,communication in the family runs by violence and shouting...encouragement of discrimination against other cultures or communities...been subject to my father's second hand smoking although I suffer from allergic and pulmonary diseases..etc..basically I've been raised only by Television and the internet, How do you think this could impact my psychology and my future and the future of my offspring?

Physics news on Phys.org
How old are you at the moment?

I'm not a psychologist but obviously having a violent father could impact anyone's psychology , but it doesn't mean that you're screwed.I guess the answer to all of your question is unfortunately:"It depends".Not everybody reacts the same way to a similar problem.

Hello theoisto,
Most people are quite resilient against adversity so you might do quite well, and presently you do seem to understand that it is not against you but just the way it is, although that is not always a consolation at times of difficulty. For future, you may begin to question the unfairnes when you reach somewhere around middle age, but an trained individual would be quite more apt to explain how that will play out as you grow older. I just felt I should to reply to say hello and acknowlegde your situation.

reenmachine said:
How old are you at the moment?

I'm not a psychologist but obviously having a violent father could impact anyone's psychology , but it doesn't mean that you're screwed.I guess the answer to all of your question is unfortunately:"It depends".Not everybody reacts the same way to a similar problem.

17 years old ...and again my sitiuation is like universal in my country.

Mmmm...17 year old...a year younger than me...Why in the name of good heavens are you thinking about having children now?
You should be enjoying your life now! Do some physics! No good ever came of brooding over past wounds. Your profile says you like manga...ever seen Naruto, Ichigo, or Natsu brooding over the past? [Okay, Naruto sometimes but rarely] Go on enjoy your life; be nice to children in the park; read some manga; do some physics! Or otherwise

http://global3.memecdn.com/Best-Bleach-Character-EVER_o_117745.webp

Its puzzling to see a descendant of samurais and ninjas so morbid.
Mr.E

P.S. This is going to sound like preaching to the pope but I am going to recommend Detective [Meientai] Conan, QED and a lot of One Piece. Stay away from Monster though.
In anime Yakitate Japan is great

Last edited:
Enigman said:
Mmmm...17 year old...a year younger than me...Why in the name of good heavens are you thinking about having children now?
You should be enjoying your life now! Do some physics! No good ever came of brooding over past wounds. Your profile says you like manga...ever seen Naruto, Ichigo, or Natsu brooding over the past? [Okay, Naruto sometimes but rarely] Go on enjoy your life; be nice to children in the park; read some manga; do some physics! Or otherwise

http://global3.memecdn.com/Best-Bleach-Character-EVER_o_117745.webp

Its puzzling to see a descendant of samurais and ninjas so morbid.
Mr.E

P.S. This is going to sound like preaching to the pope but I am going to recommend Detective [Meientai] Conan, QED and a lot of One Piece. Stay away from Monster though.
In anime Yakitate Japan is great
I'm totally enjoying it(life),although I don't read manga much anymore because I'm focused on math now,and I pretty read all type of manga,since I was 10 or so...For new promising manga (seinen)I recommend you read Koe no Katachi and Again and Historie use this site as reference for the updates http://www.mangaupdates.com/, ..http://www.batoto.net/

enjoy it for me because I'm not going to read them for a while.

I'm off manga as well:(
Someone told me trying to understand relativity and quantum mechanics is not a good idea...so I obviously jumped right on it. :D
Last manga I read was two months ago [QED]. These days I'm pretty much high on sugar and coffee all the time-to accommodate equal time for my course work and extra studies-to do any manga reading.
Though I will probably take sometime to check out your recommendations. Thanks!

Mr.E
P.S. I was reading Monster before this--it was morbid; really scary--I haven't finished it yet; last ten chapters, I think.

Enigman said:
I'm off manga as well:(
Someone told me trying to understand relativity and quantum mechanics is not a good idea...so I obviously jumped right on it. :D
Last manga I read was two months ago [QED]. These days I'm pretty much high on sugar and coffee all the time-to accommodate equal time for my course work and extra studies-to do any manga reading.
Though I will probably take sometime to check out your recommendations. Thanks!

Mr.E
P.S. I was reading Monster before this--it was morbid; really scary--I haven't finished it yet; last ten chapters, I think.
What level of physics are you on?(I've watched Monster as an anime,it was morbid)

Just the raw basics of Q. Mech and a bit of applied SR.
Mr.E

Likes 1 person

1. What are the long-term effects of bad parenting on a child's psychology?

Many studies have shown that children who experience bad parenting, such as neglect, abuse, or inconsistent discipline, are more likely to develop psychological issues later in life. These can include low self-esteem, anxiety, depression, and difficulties with social relationships. Bad parenting can also contribute to behavioral problems, such as aggression and delinquency.

2. How does bad parenting affect a child's future success?

Children who have experienced bad parenting may struggle with academic and career success in the future. This is because they may lack the necessary emotional and social skills to handle challenges and build positive relationships. They may also have lower levels of self-confidence and motivation, which can hinder their ability to achieve their goals.

3. Can bad parenting be a contributing factor to mental health disorders?

Yes, bad parenting can be a contributing factor to the development of mental health disorders. Children who experience neglect, abuse, or other forms of bad parenting may be more susceptible to developing mental health issues, such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It is important for parents to provide a safe and nurturing environment for their children to help prevent the onset of these disorders.

4. Are there any positive effects of bad parenting?

While bad parenting can have many negative effects on a child's psychology and future, it is important to note that not all children who experience bad parenting will have the same outcomes. Some children may develop resilience and coping skills as a result of their difficult upbringing, and may even use their experiences to motivate them to succeed. However, these cases are not the norm and it is not recommended for parents to rely on bad parenting as a way to toughen their child up.

5. Can bad parenting be reversed or fixed?

The effects of bad parenting can be difficult to reverse, but it is not impossible. Seeking therapy and counseling can help both the child and parent address and work through any lingering issues. In addition, positive parenting practices can be implemented to create a healthier and more nurturing environment for the child. It is important for parents to take responsibility for their actions and make a conscious effort to improve their parenting skills for the well-being of their child.