Basic Circuit Theory by Charles Desoer

In summary, the conversation is about a student named Karen looking for the solutions manual for the book Basic Circuit Theory by Charles Desoer. The person she is speaking with informs her that solution manuals are only available for instructors and suggests finding a textbook with answers in the appendix as a study tool. The conversation ends with well wishes for Karen's studies.
Karen12g
Hello, I am currently taking a circuits class and I was looking for the solutions manual for the book Basic Circuit Theory by Charles Desoer. I haven't been able to find it anywhere but I really want it to practice more of the problems. I am able to do some but I never know if they are right or wrong since I don't have the answers, having the solutions would be very helpful to me. Please let me know where I can get them. Thanks so much in advance!

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF, Karen.

Instructor solution manuals are just for instructors of classes, not for students. That's for obvious reasons, although for students who are self-studying it makes it harder to be confident in their own practice problems.

The best advice is to find a comparable textbook that puts the answers to half of the problems (like the even or odd half) in an appendix. That will give you a study tool that should be what you are looking for.

Have fun with your studies. :smile:

1. What is basic circuit theory?

Basic circuit theory is a fundamental branch of electrical engineering that deals with the analysis and design of electrical circuits. It involves the study of various components, such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors, and how they interact to form circuits that can perform specific functions.

2. Who is Charles Desoer?

Charles Desoer (1926-2010) was a renowned electrical engineer and professor at the University of California, Berkeley. He is best known for his contributions to the field of circuit theory, including his widely used textbook "Basic Circuit Theory".

3. What are the key concepts covered in "Basic Circuit Theory"?

The key concepts covered in "Basic Circuit Theory" include Ohm's Law, Kirchhoff's Laws, circuit analysis techniques, network theorems, and the analysis of AC and DC circuits. It also covers advanced topics such as Fourier analysis and Laplace transforms.

4. Is "Basic Circuit Theory" suitable for beginners?

Yes, "Basic Circuit Theory" is suitable for beginners as it introduces the fundamental principles and concepts of circuit theory in a clear and concise manner. It also includes numerous examples and practice problems to help beginners understand and apply the material.

5. How can "Basic Circuit Theory" be applied in real-world situations?

"Basic Circuit Theory" can be applied in various real-world situations, such as designing and analyzing electrical circuits for electronic devices, power systems, and communication systems. It can also be used in research and development for new technologies, such as renewable energy systems and advanced electronics.