Basic FMESH question: "Jmesh keyword missing error"

• Thread starter AlexFi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Error
In summary: Yes, I solved this problem. The keyword "imesh" is missing from the command line. You can specify large divisions using IMESH. Then within the large divisions you can specify small divisions using IINTS. The large divisions are the coarse divisions.
AlexFi
TL;DR Summary
Want to apply fmesh to calculate fission rate
Can someone give me a brief explanation what are imesh jmesh kmesh values are?
edit: MCNP manual says IMESH is
"Locations of the coarse mesh points in the y direction for rectangular geometry or in the x direction for cylindrical geometry"
Which doesnt make any sense to me... what even is coarse mesh points
Secondly, can someone tell me why my code spits out error "imesh keyword missing" even though its clearly there?

Attachments

• OPUS_Center_FMESH.txt
    717 bytes · Views: 85
Last edited:
Likes Grelbr42
Engineering news on Phys.org
You can specify large divisions using IMESH. Then within the large divisions you can specify small divisions using IINTS. The large divisions are the coarse divisions.

The simplest thing is to just put the divisions where you want them using the IMESH values. If you don't specify any INTS value it only divides each IMESH range into 1 division.

But you can also put IMESH values in, then use the IINTS value to divide the large division into equal sized smaller parts. If you have multiple IMESH values you can divide each IMESH range into as many divisions as you like.

So, for example, with the origin the default (0,0,0). If you put the following in your FMESH (you have to supply the rest of the FMESH card).

IMESH 10 20 IINTS 2 1

This would give you a coarse division from 0 to 10, broken into 2 small divisions, then a coarse division from 10 to 20, in only 1 small division.

When you use the FMESH, the output will report the divisions by reporting the middle of the division. So my example will report divisions with centers 2.5 (half of the first small division), 7.5 (halfway in the second), and 15.

• Informative
Likes Alex A
Not enough spaces in front of IMESH etc, they are part of the FMESH card. Try 5.

Likes AlexFi
Thanks Alex A.
I also added fm24 for fission rate tallying. Could you please check my code to make sure I put the right syntax for the multipliers? Is there any fm syntax or any code line for power density that can be used with fmesh?

Attachments

• OPUS_Center_FMESH.txt
    780 bytes · Views: 81
AlexFi said:
TL;DR Summary: Want to apply fmesh to calculate fission rate

Can someone give me a brief explanation what are imesh jmesh kmesh values are?
edit: MCNP manual says IMESH is
"Locations of the coarse mesh points in the y direction for rectangular geometry or in the x direction for cylindrical geometry"
Which doesnt make any sense to me... what even is coarse mesh points
Secondly, can someone tell me why my code spits out error "imesh keyword missing" even though its clearly there?
Do you solve this problem"imesh keyword missing"?

1. What does the "Jmesh keyword missing error" mean?

The "Jmesh keyword missing error" is an error message that appears when trying to run a simulation using the Finite Element Mesh (FMESH) method. It indicates that the keyword for the Jmesh command is missing in the input file, which is necessary for the software to generate the mesh.

2. How can I fix the "Jmesh keyword missing error"?

To fix this error, you will need to go back to the input file and add the missing Jmesh keyword. This keyword specifies the type of mesh that will be used for the simulation. Make sure to follow the correct syntax for the keyword, as specified in the software's documentation.

3. Why is the "Jmesh keyword missing error" important?

The Jmesh keyword is crucial for the FMESH method to work correctly. It determines the type of mesh that will be used, which can significantly impact the accuracy and efficiency of the simulation. Without this keyword, the software cannot generate the mesh, and the simulation will not run.

4. Can the "Jmesh keyword missing error" be caused by other factors?

Yes, the error can also be caused by misspelling the keyword or using the wrong syntax. It can also occur if the input file is corrupted or if there are other missing keywords that are necessary for the FMESH method to work.

5. Is there any way to prevent the "Jmesh keyword missing error"?

Yes, to avoid this error, it is essential to carefully follow the instructions for using the FMESH method and double-check the input file for any missing keywords or syntax errors. It is also helpful to refer to the software's documentation for specific guidelines on using the Jmesh keyword.